Super Six Boxing Classic

Anybody keeping an eye on this tournament? Gutted that sky never picked it up. They could have at least got the rights to Carl Froch's fights. I think its a brilliant idea and exactly the kind of thing boxing needs at the moment.

Until last night Arthur Abraham was favourite to win the whole thing and got beat on a DQ after getting dominated by Andre Dirrell. He punched him when he was clearly down on the ground and completely knocked him unconscious. He claimed after the fight he didnt notice he was down. Lying bastard. Anybody can go on and win it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0LvAbRSIOA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Six_Boxing_Classic

Bit gutted that Jermain Taylor dropped out, but he'll be back :sherlock:

When he beat Hopkins twice i thought he was going to be the next big thing in boxing. Absolutely sickening to be knocked out with seconds to go in the last round 2 fights in a row. I felt sorry for him.

Me and Badger stayed up to watch it last night. Dirrell won easy. Abraham has lost a lot of respect. Dirrell put on a clinic. I had him 7 rounds up at the time. Froch to retire Kessler next time out!!!

Its turned out to a be a really interesting tournament. Not sure how kessler v froch will pan out. If it goes to the scorecards i think kessler will win but froch could well get to him before then. If kessler wins the tournament is wide open. My pick is Andre Ward to win the whole thing.

Really enjoying the tournament. Ward's winning it IMO, he's better than everyone else in the tournament and I include Abraham and Dirrell in that.

Happy that Dirrell won as I felt he was harshly done by the judges against Froch. Abraham needs to stop starting so slow, he did it against Taylor, he was lucky Jermain has stamina issues, and he did it on Saturday. He had to go for a KO in the last few rounds and ended up being DQ'ed.

Ward's beating Green and Kessler's going to beat Froch as well.

Froch got outboxed by Taylor and he was lucky that Taylor faded, as usual, at the end of the fight because he had the points victory in the bag. As long as Kessler doesnt get into a war with him I reckon even an off the boil Kessler has more than enough skill to jab Froch to death and hit him with one-two's all night long for a points victory. This will be Froch's biggest test without a doubt. Everybody knows he can bang but he needs to show that he has the ability to get inside a good technical boxer and land clean shots.

omg i'm slacking didnt even know it was on lol i fecking love boxing next fight will be good seen them both

and i think froch because he is much quicker!

froch quicker, the one asset froch does not have is speed.

I think Froch breaks Kessler down and stops him late!!!

Wouldn't be surprised but Kessler struggles with hand-speed and good technical boxing and I don't think Froch is good enough in those areas. Kessler decision for me.

You're overlooking the fact that Kessler may well be shot. I think the Kessler that came out against Calzaghe would beat Froch, but there has been a lot of injuries, legal wrangling, and 2 defeats since then.

I've yet to decide if Ward was that good, or Kessler was that bad from that fight. Certainly he looked a shadow of himself.

I'm not overlooking anything, Kessler lost to Ward and Calzaghe because of speed, not because he's shot IMO.

Watched the fight, felt Dirrell totally dominated from start to finish. Never like Abraham atall watching his previous fights, very slow and boring just looking for that big knockout punch. Also felt Dirrell dominated Froch for long spells with his speed and counter punching with Froch picking up the 'home town' decision. Ward put on a masterclass against Kessler in the last round of bouts and im looking forward to his fight with Green, should be a knockout in that fight. So im thinkinf its a 50/50 fight with Froch and Kessler, Cant wait anyway!

froch doesnt have the hand speed of kessler or boxing ability but with his, but with his power and his step up of superior stamina in later rounds on the vino lastnight so things dont come out the same lol