35 years ago today

*Manticore*

The thing about that day was the level of the Rangers travelling support. The old high terracing at Easter Road allowed for a capacity of 45,000. We arrived 90 minutes before kick-off and the queues were massive. During the game, the Rangers support continued to pour in, through the turnstyles and over the walls. I spoke with a Hibby a dozen years later who wrote occasional pieces for their match programme, he reckoned the attendance that day exceeded 50,000.

The other main memory of that day was after Stein's bullet header, the eruption of Pomagne corks. For younger readers, Pomagne was an ersatz champagne, in that it was fluid and contained bubbles.It seemed every other Bear entered Easter Road that day with a couple of bottles.

I was at that game too, I was a 7 year old and was there with my grandfather, We never missed a game that season.

I was hooked on the gers by then and Derek Parlane was my hero. as well as Alex McDonald.

I will never ever forget the look of shear elation on my grandfathers face, He was in tears and so was I

I was 15 years old and single, too bad I can't turn the clock back to that great day, as I would still be single today

Ah well mate... Life is complicated. When you're single you don't want to be.. and when you're not, you want to be.

Sometimes however, it all comes together and we should relish those happy times.

I know, I'm full of it.. but I do mean well lol.