The Ellis/McColl takeover talk

MisterC

Am I alone in thinking that the trumpeting of these potential deals is merely a smokescreen to provide cover for another interested party who wants to keep things schtum for now? Its a bit funny how these deals are being talked about so much and with little to back them up. I would not be suprised if there was someone else waiting in the wings biding their time and then moving in when the time is right. Some of the names mentioned last year in particular have been noticeably quiet of late and I think theres more to it than meets the eye.

I wud be happy to put my money where my mouth is in this supporters owned RFC scheme, however I don't think enuf bears will want to or be able to do the same. It's a very challenging period of time at the minute with the credit crunch and mass unemployment. For those of us who mite be able to afford it just now it doesn't mean down the line that I or others will still be gainfully employed in say 5yrs time. It just doesn't seem viable or sustainable. Just my opinion, any thots folks?

Am I alone in thinking that the trumpeting of these potential deals is merely a smokescreen to provide cover for another interested party who wants to keep things schtum for now? Its a bit funny how these deals are being talked about so much and with little to back them up. I would not be suprised if there was someone else waiting in the wings biding their time and then moving in when the time is right. Some of the names mentioned last year in particular have been noticeably quiet of late and I think theres more to it than meets the eye.

Yes you just could be the only one, and under Stock Exchange rules the are prevented from say anything hence the quite

i think you could be right MR.C, I know he hasnt been so spot on in the past but big DJ Still realy thinks dave king is interested in us and he still thinks he will come in at one point. Remember, im only saying :craphead:

No I don't think it is at all.

The club has been open to Rangers fans with the available means for a long time-the fact that they have not progressed to the stage Eliis has tells a tale.

There may be interested parties, it may be the oft mentioned consortium, it may be King but logic would tell you there is a trigger to get to the stage Ellis has and they haven't pulled it.

If the Ellis deal fails I suspect it has failed on its own merits not as any part of any smokescreen-indeed someone would need to explain to mee how this could be set up without it being detected at some stage.

Pub talk for me, sorry.

I just ignore all the take over talk until i see the line '[insert Name] takes over Rangers'.

Agree mate, until i hear from the people who are ment to be investing from us i wont be jumping to conclusions. Too many rumours about just now

You tell us Mister C cut, i thought you were the man in the know a few months ago lol

I still am.pipeb.gif

When you typed in the word 'cut' did you perchance miss out a letter? pipeb.gif

Keith Jackson said last night on sportsound on radio scotland that there was people waiting to see what happend with ellis and also said the RST was pie in the sky

You tell us Mister C cut, i thought you were the man in the know a few months ago lol

I still am.pipeb.gif

Keith Jackson said last night on sportsound on radio scotland that there was people waiting to see what happend with ellis and also said the RST was pie in the sky

I agree with the sentiments about the RST, I mean if they cannot run their own organisation properly and transparently then would you want them anywhere near the boardroom?

I still am.pipeb.gif

I agree with the sentiments about the RST, I mean if they cannot run their own organisation properly and transparently then would you want them anywhere near the boardroom?

:praise::praise::praise:

I still am.:pipe:

When you typed in the word 'cut' did you perchance miss out a letter? :pipe:

I was referring to your hairdo mate lol!!! Cunt would be awfully harsh would it not.

I still am.:pipe:

When you typed in the word 'cut' did you perchance miss out a letter? :pipe:

I was referring to your hairdo mate lol!!! Cunt would be awfully harsh would it not.

fair enough mate and yes that would be harsh even for me! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it not about time Ellis showed his hand? He's had viewing of the books for a couple of weeks now but still nothing coming out.........and according to Keevins yesterday there is nothing on the horizon about any takeover!!

Is it not about time Ellis showed his hand? He's had viewing of the books for a couple of weeks now but still nothing coming out.........and according to Keevins yesterday there is nothing on the horizon about any takeover!!

I heard the comment by keevins that u refer to, I still thot ellis was still in the due diligence process with us at the minute?