** Rangers Captain Davie Weir Appreciation Thread **

WilliamFyfe

194 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Davie Weir to stay on another year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, it's a tough one, Weir has been a fantastic signing one of Walters best, he shows signs of getting a bit past it but then again he shows signs that he's still a fantastic defender

As the saying goes "If he's good enough, he's old enough." Same applies at the other end of the age spectrum, If Davie is still capable of defending week in week out then I dont care how old he is.

If he sign's a new deal, then he will be a 1st team regular - there is not much chance of him being used as back-up, and IMO, another year would be one too far.

He'll be dominant in the air for as long as he plays football, but I'm just concerned about the pace.

Even the likes of Billy Mehmet can burn him now.

He struggles against the likes of Higdon, Mehmet, Kyle, Stokes... both in the air, and on the ground.

If we are to lose Bougherra, and not replace him, then we could be left with a Weir, and Webster center back pairing, which would be a concern!

Even alongside Wilson, or defence is a bit shaky.

I love big Davie Weir but this season should be his last. If he stays on I won't be annoyed at all but I think we should be looking for a new face, his passing is scary at times. We should be looking to replace him with real quality. He has been fantastic for us but I feel it is time to move on.