Manchester United vs Chelsea

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Deco? Is he still alive?

I swear I aint heard his name in fucking so long!

That's one way to approach the situation :lol:

Just saw Chelsea's title run-in. Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham away in the last 6 games. :(

With Rooney Man U will win but they'll draw without him, IMO. Hope I'm wrong.

Chelsea's run-in is indeed hard on paper, but we have a perfect record against the top 4 so far this season, and not so long ago going to Spurs used to be 3 point lane for us, so I am quietly confident. :pipe:

Do Utd, and we can afford to draw one of those games and still win it on GD. :)

United will probably still win without Rooney. Fergie usually gets his tactics in midfield spot on against Chelsea and they're still a good enough team to nick a goal without him.

Rooney being injured doesn't make Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic suddenly become shit.

No doubt Vidic and Ferdinand are quality defenders, however, both have had troubled seasons and have shown up against top quality strikers (in particular Torres) that they can struggle, and both - in particular Rio - seem to have lost a half yard/yard of pace.

If Anelka, Drogba and Malouda can hit something like top form - assuming this is the front 3 - they can give Utd's defence a torrid time IMO, especially if Malouda is left up against Neville.

However, I do worry Utd will win the midfield battle, Chelsea desperately miss Essien's driving force.

As for defence, i'm quietly confident with Rooney out. I fear a pacy striker up against Alex and Terry, however Berba doesn't offer that same explosive pace, yet his movement will have to be dealt with. My main fear for Chelsea's defence is on the wings, especially Valencia up against Paulo Ferraira.

:/

I can see it being a low scoring draw. A fast start from Utd until Chelsea finally settle in and begin to take control in the second half.

:pipe: