Lee McCulloch

chris_glasgow

He has played the best part of about 80% of the games and in those games he has been decent in about 5. This guy is an awful footballer. Slow in tackle, poor passer, jumps with his elbows. What does Walter see in him?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor once again tonight. How he stayed on the park, and Thomson was hooked, I will never know?

The blue eyed boy, who bar the month of December has been nothing short of mediocre. He'll no doubt be the captain next year, and one of the first names on the team sheet.

He's not good enough, and better players miss out due to the managers stubborness.

Wait a fucking minute! He was being touted as a candidate for player of the year! :lol: I can't keep up with everyone. One game he's fantastic and he's been consistently good all season, then the next game he's pish and should be dropped!

Wait a fucking minute! He was being touted as a candidate for player of the year! :lol: I can't keep up with everyone. One game he's fantastic and he's been consistently good all season, then the next game he's pish and should be dropped!

he has been good, but thomson is looking back to his fittest and has been playing great recently, we dont need two defensice players in the centre, we need davis in there to be creative.

He's average at best. But he's been much, much better than Thomson this season. And I regard myself as a big fan of Thomson.

Pre-season Thomson was getting a lot of very positive press, he seemed to be used a lot in our marketing for tickets and strips, all the talk was going around that he was next in line to be our captain. I think he's lost focus. I know he's had injuries, but far too often this season he's fallen below basic acceptable standards.

For me, he needs time on the sidelines to regain that focus. I'd bring Edu into the side, or move Davis inside. Either way, he needs dropped so he can regain that focus, and look forward to putting in worthy performances on a consistent basis next season.

Nowhere near being player of the year, he's not been consistantly good, and he is not fantastic!

He should have been dropped weeks, and weeks ago!

Scored a header vs Celtic :clap:

this right here. That seems good enough for some

Better than losing the head and nearly costing us a cup final...?

But it's ok for him to try his luck, and get away with murder, which could have cost the team. He's been booked too often, suspended more than Thomson, given away more free-kicks...

The first part I was referring to the 3-3 Dundee United game, in the last 10 minutes he went in knee high, and could well have been sent off. There are other occassions aswell.

Thomson get's slated for hitting someone, yet McCulloch get's praised - I can't work that one out?

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

It's clear he is one of Walter's favourites.

There are superior players sitting on the bench.

he has been good, but thomson is looking back to his fittest and has been playing great recently, we dont need two defensice players in the centre, we need davis in there to be creative.

I'm a huge thommo fan but apart from the OF game thomson hasn't been as good as some make out, people seem to think he's some sort of god and is constantly brilliant because of those tackles on keane when he really hasn't been good enough lately and tonight was an example of that, I didn't know he was playing until he got took off

I'm a huge thommo fan but apart from the OF game thomson hasn't been as good as some make out, people seem to think he's some sort of god and is constantly brilliant because of those tackles on keane when he really hasn't been good enough lately and tonight was an example of that, I didn't know he was playing until he got took off

i thought he controlled the hibs game when we won 3-0 too, set miller up in that game and wasnt at his best vs hearts but was effective. set up danny wilsons goal if i remember correctly.

i thought he controlled the hibs game when we won 3-0 too, set miller up in that game and wasnt at his best vs hearts but was effective. set up danny wilsons goal if i remember correctly.

that was my mistake, I ment since the of game he hasn't been as good as some make out, apart from the hearts game when like you said he set up wilson's goal he hasn't been good enough :sherlock:

Pretty good games against (in recent weeks/months):

2-0 St. Johnstone

3-0 Hibs

1-0 celtc

3-1 St. Mirren

2-0 Kilmarnock

3-3 Dundee United

4-1 Hearts

I certainly don't think he's god, and when I slate him, people always use the old injury excuse, but he has had some good games, and been better than McCulloch in the last few months!

im not a great fan of either thomson or mcculloch but comparing the two

thomson;can tackle thats it

mcculloch; can tackle gets in the box good in the air gets his share of goals can play 2 or three positions

thats what puts him ahead of tommo for me

At his very, very best he has just about reached the level of an average spl midfielder. He's cumbersome, plodding and nowhere near quick enough or agile enough to get close to opposition midfielders.

An utter embarrassment that people on here talk him up as a candidate for player of the year.

An utter disgrace that the wise old sage of scottish football walter smith picks this mouthpiece ahead of edu or davis in cm.

im not a great fan of either thomson or mcculloch but comparing the two

thomson;can tackle thats it

mcculloch; can tackle gets in the box good in the air gets his share of goals can play 2 or three positions

thats what puts him ahead of tommo for me

Thomson can tackle, he can pass a ball, read a game, link-up, get forward, put his foot on the ball, and control a game. He know's when to sit, and hold, and when to get forward, he doesn't pick up as many bookings, or give away as many balls. He can also take a set piece. Positionally sound, and rarely hides!