Lee McCulloch

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a fucking minute! He was being touted as a candidate for player of the year! :lol: I can't keep up with everyone. One game he's fantastic and he's been consistently good all season, then the next game he's pish and should be dropped!

he has been good, but thomson is looking back to his fittest and has been playing great recently, we dont need two defensice players in the centre, we need davis in there to be creative.

I'm a huge thommo fan but apart from the OF game thomson hasn't been as good as some make out, people seem to think he's some sort of god and is constantly brilliant because of those tackles on keane when he really hasn't been good enough lately and tonight was an example of that, I didn't know he was playing until he got took off

Pretty good games against (in recent weeks/months):

2-0 St. Johnstone

3-0 Hibs

1-0 celtc

3-1 St. Mirren

2-0 Kilmarnock

3-3 Dundee United

4-1 Hearts

I certainly don't think he's god, and when I slate him, people always use the old injury excuse, but he has had some good games, and been better than McCulloch in the last few months!

celtic, hibs and hearts I'd say he had good games in and the rest I would disagree with you there, different opinions though.

im not a great fan of either thomson or mcculloch but comparing the two

thomson;can tackle thats it

mcculloch; can tackle gets in the box good in the air gets his share of goals can play 2 or three positions

thats what puts him ahead of tommo for me

Away and take your mouth for a shite.

Thomson can tackle and 'that's it' :lol:

McCulloch can 'play' in two or three positions because in 12 years of professional football, he hasn't been good enough to cement a role in any of them!

The OF Header is mine, is the most important IMO. basicly stopped them from getting back in the race and was the start of a run of games that Mowbray ended up losing his job because.

Lee McCulloch does a decent job and has contributed to the strong position in the championship and helped us win the league cup, thanks Lee

But not the best option, and strugles away from home, and at times, at Ibrox!

Lee McCulloch does a decent job and has contributed to the strong position in the championship and helped us win the league cup, thanks Lee

But not the best option, and strugles away from home, and at times, at Ibrox!

Agreed that he isn't the best player but we have done more good than bad with him this season

Walters the manager I'm not about to question his team on course to win a league and a cup!

Its not just McCulloch. We had many terrible performances tonight.

Wilson was terrible.

Papac was terrible.

Naismith was terrible.

Boyd was terrible.

Miller was terrible.

Lee wasn't any worse than this lot.

True, but there are threds on them. If there aren't, then I covered them in my thread.

This is a thread on Lee McCulloch.

I think he can do a decent job and also gets some goals. I think we need to start looking at papac.

Why when every opposition team targets our right flank or just strolls unchallenged through the middle while McCulloch backs off, fails to close down and ends up in no mans land?

Can't believe how fickle some people on here are get a fuckin grip he's been one of our best players this season and that's fact he didn't have a good game last night but they were 14 other player who were on that park last night at some point all just as fuckin bad as each other mcculloch is just an easy target for most people on here some one to blame when something goes wrong

He's had a good season by his standards but he's simply not good enough to hold down a regular first team spot. mcCulloch seems more intent on fouling rather than actually playing football. Our centre midfield should be Steve Davis and either Thomson or Edu.

It was only a few weeks ago that he was up there for player of the year, he's being asked to play in positions which are not natural to him which doesn't help matters.

Lee McCulloch has had a decent season, nothing more nothing less.

We have 3 better CM's in Edu, Davis and Thomson. All 3 players should be ahead of McCulloch in the pecking order but sadly that will never be the case. It is no surprise that McCulloch's best form this season came when he had Steven Davis beside him.

Drop McCulloch, get Davis in the middle with Edu/Thomson and play with some sort of width. This season Lee McCulloch has had 14 bookings and 2 suspensions, sums him up perfectly.

Lee McCulloch has had a decent season, nothing more nothing less.

We have 3 better CM's in Edu, Davis and Thomson. All 3 players should be ahead of McCulloch in the pecking order but sadly that will never be the case. It is no surprise that McCulloch's best form this season came when he had Steven Davis beside him.

Drop McCulloch, get Davis in the middle with Edu/Thomson and play with some sort of width. This season Lee McCulloch has had 14 bookings and 2 suspensions, sums him up perfectly.

Well said. :clap:

McCulloch is a horrible footballer and should not be played infront of Davis, Edu or Thomson.

We all know Big Lee's not Rangers class. But clearly the other boys can't be doing it in training to make Walter replace him. I know hes quite a stubborn auld one our Walter, but I think McCulloch playing week in week out is an indication for Edu and co. to work harder to displace him.

Having said that every time Maurice or Thomson step on the football pitch they look twice the player that Big Lee does, but then what do I know :sherlock:

Agree with Muff, we have better options in the middle of the park. Thomson, Edu and Davis, IMO all should start before McCulloch. Walter, on the other hand, seems to want to fit him into the side, no matter the position.

I used to hate McCulloch but I think he's been our star man this season along with Davis. He's solid, he's committed, he clearly loves playing for us and he will always play his heart out. I'd have him over the inconsistent and unreliable Kevin Thomson any day.