Tactic's

WattBlueNose

Why and what i'd like to know outwith a doubt December was by far the best period

of fitba the team played and probably the best period we're all likely tae see

this season,6 games 6 wins and with style an aw,plus player and manager of the

month to boot.Shame injuries and boogie away in africa depleted that squad in Jan,

and some of Feb.

Then when Smith got back his squad mostly with a clean bill of health i was expecting

him to get back to the formation and the tactics that worked so well in December,Novo

Wide left,Beasley wide right,Davis Thomson/ McCulloch centre midfield and the obvious

back four and front two.But he went with a lot of rotating some players instead.Ok it

got us results but i think a lot of fans would agree it was at times nail biting to

say the least.Well and as for tonight say no more,no pace coming from the wings at all.

Come on Wattie look back to December and let's make it 53 in real defending champions

style. :gerbad:

Why and what i'd like to know outwith a doubt December was by far the best period

month to boot.Shame injuries and boogie away in africa depleted that squad in Jan,

and some of Feb.

Then when Smith got back his squad mostly with a clean bill of health i was expecting

him to get back to the formation and the tactics that worked so well in December,Novo

Wide left,Beasley wide right,Davis Thomson/ McCulloch centre midfield and the obvious

back four and front two.But he went with a lot of rotating some players instead.Ok it

got us results but i think a lot of fans would agree it was at times nail biting to

say the least.Well and as for tonight say no more,no pace coming from the wings at all.

Come on Wattie look back to December and let's make it 52 in real defending champions

53 you mean ?

Beasley must play more.

Try Naismith instead of Boyd.

We should be okay but I expect us to lose most of our away matches in the run in.

Expect a team that have lost twice in the league all season anguish.gif

Wouldn't drop Boyd for the Accies game especially since its at the brox

Beasley must play more.

Try Naismith instead of Boyd.

We should be okay but I expect us to lose most of our away matches in the run in.

Expect a team that have lost twice in the league all season anguish.gif

Wouldn't drop Boyd for the Accies game especially since its at the brox

At this rate yes, I have a bad feeling. Tannadice, Porkheid, possibly fir park? Yes I am not confident right now.

We need much, much more from Boyd at this stage mate. No goals from open play in 10 games, thats not good enough.

Meh hope your wrong I don't see us losing all them we are better than that and have the experience to see us through.

Boyd has 24 goals this season hes our proven goal scorer wouldn't wanna drop someone who is due a goal his team play has improved vastly and has set up and created chances for others a little more the goals will come i'm sure we just need to supply him with the chances

Think Boydy needs a rest/wake up call/kick up the ass, call it what you want.

Personally would like to see Miller paired with Novo, Naismith or Fleck, someone who can drop back alongside the wide players when the opposition has the ball, to make the 4-2-3-1 others have mentioned on here. 4-1-3-2 when attacking with Davis pushing forward from central midfield. C'mon Walter, it's a formation that is flexible and can easily be changed with a substituion to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

Walter smith is not gonna change his style of play or formation. The problem is the center mid position. Thomson and mcculloch doesn't work. The creativity is zilch from those 2, I'd much rather have thomson over mcculloch. Lee has improved a little but no way is he worth a start over thomson. People wanting him as player of the year need to get a grip as well. A slight improvement but still shit positionally, crap passer and fouls constantly. The tactics and substitutions last night cost us the chance to mount a fightback. Lafferty for Boyd, as soon as that was announced I knew we wouldn't score, and edu for thomson...what was the point in putting edu on there? Why not put put Davis in the center and novo on? Decisions like that have now cost us in 2 outta the last 3 games. Get it sorted walter.

Pronto.

It has to be understood that Walter has never liked playing attacking wide players.December was like a new concept but even then he played Novo and Beasley on their weaker sides to ensure they cut inside as he did with Whittaker on left midfield. Playing with two wide attackers was a breath of fresh and worked successfully but he has reverted to type and in the last couple of months the punt has been the tactic more often than not.

and some of Feb.

Come on Wattie look back to December and let's make it 53 in real defending champions

December was the exception to the rule and should be consigned to history. Smith is not going to change his ways at this stage of his career.

At this rate yes, I have a bad feeling. Tannadice, Porkheid, possibly fir park? Yes I am not confident right now.We need much, much more from Boyd at this stage mate. No goals from open play in 10 games, thats not good enough.

Boyds heads been turned with all this speculation over his future...all this talk of going to epl is going to his head