Arsenal vs Barcelona - 'The battle of beautiful football'

Ryan_1

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fancy Arsenal to put them out.

Barcelona are without Iniesta and Zavi for the first leg and im sure Xavi is missing both of them , their defence is looking a bit shaky the only worry i have is Messi V the Arsenal backline i fear he will be given too much space which is dangerous but i do fancy Arsenal to win the tie .

I expect the Barcelona team to be;

Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique Maxwell

Xavi Busquets Toure/Keita

Messi Ibrahimovic Henry

Arsenal 1-3 Barcelona

Sure xavi is injured for a few weeks chief

I thought he got himself fit for this game. Might be wrong though?

Its too tough to call, messi is by far the biggest concern going forward for them, ibrahimovich and henry arent playing well at all at moment so if messi can be kept quiet then arsenal have a chance. Barca arent that good off the ball and thats what gives arsenal a chance against them. The last barca game i saw was at the nou camp and the defence looked far from convincing and messi was kept quiet by getting a swarm of players round him every time he got on the ball so thats what arsene will prob try and enforce!

Barca arent that good off the ball

Barcelona are criminally underrated when they don't have the ball.

They all work their balls off (except Ibrahimovic) to get the ball back. There was a game earlier in the season against Real Zaragoza when Barca were 6-1 up in the third minute of injury time and Messi chased the ball 60 yards to win it back.

I'm shocked that people believe Arsenal will win this tie...

I think Barca will pretty comfortably make it through, i think many people are just jumping on the Arsenal bandwagon - as per every year - saying, "this is Arsenal's year, they have grown mentally" ect ect. IMO they will get put out comfrotably and dominated over both legs, but i will put my hands up if i am wrong.

:)

you may be right chap , i cant find anything stating he is out now , just something i thought i heard during teir game with Osasuna the other week where the commentator said they think he will miss both legs , i may have heard it wrong though :unsure:

you may be right chap , i cant find anything stating he is out now , just something i thought i heard during teir game with Osasuna the other week where the commentator said they think he will miss both legs , i may have heard it wrong though :unsure:

He was meant to miss both legs but I'm nearly sure that he managed to get himself fit for tonight.

Hopefully he is fit to play because he is a joy to watch.

I'm shocked that people believe Arsenal will win this tie...

I think Barca will pretty comfortably make it through, i think many people are just jumping on the Arsenal bandwagon - as per every year - saying, "this is Arsenal's year, they have grown mentally" ect ect. IMO they will get put out comfrotably and dominated over both legs, but i will put my hands up if i am wrong.

:)

Arsenal could really have done with the away leg first so they would know what they needed when it came to playing them in the emirates, i think tonight will be about 2-2 and barca will be too strong for them at the nou camp but i really want arsenal to win

I think inter will put the winner of this tie out in the semis regardless

Difficult to predict this game. Arsenal have tended to choke in the really big games this season and if Barca get the first goal, they could be in real trouble like when Chelsea and Man Utd came to the Emirates.

Cracked £14 quid on Arsenal at 21/10. If they manage to not concede in the first 20 mins like they usually do against Man Utd and Chelsea and actually manage to score the first goal, then they have a got a good chance IMO.

Just hope it lives up to expectations tbh.

For me, the significance of Fabregas playing is being made too much of.

If Arsenal are to get a result, there is more emphasis on players like Song, Diaby, Denilson (if he plays), Sagna and Clichy doing a job defensivel IMO.

Arsenal can score goals with or without Fab, e.g. 5-0 against Porto.

Wenger will play to keep it tight and not conceed the away goal.

Could work well for him as the best way, imo, to beat Barca is on the break. As much as I want an Arsenal win I just can't see it. If barca score early the tie could be over tonight.