Arsenal vs Barcelona - 'The battle of beautiful football'

Ryan_1

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im back , just tucking into my breakfast at the moment , it tastes very humble tbh :D

Was very upset by the Arsenal performace, yes it was a depleted team but they showed no heart or fight bar maybe Clichy who seemed to run himself into the ground , think Wenger made an error by playing Rosicky as he looked laboured all match , i honestly can't see Inter doing anything to stop Barca and Bayern will beat Man Utd tonight , i reckon it will be a Lyon V Barcelona final with Pep and his boys lifting the trophy for the 2nd time in succesion (tu)

Even if Messi doesn't win a World Cup he'll go down as the best player ever. Fuck what he does at a World Cup, his ability is unbelievable as are his stats and achievements.

I think he has to do SOMETHING on the international stage, although I agree that this 'requirement' of winning a World Cup is absolutely bonkers.

Agreed.

Just found an article from Messi which is interesting;

The Barcelona forward would do anything to win the World Cup, and blasted those who claim that he does not care about his country...

Nov 13, 2009 7:12:59 PM

Lionel Messi has dismissed renewed claims that he would rather win trophies with Barcelona than Argentina, announcing that he would give up all his club medals to win the World Cup with los Albicelestes.

"Nothing compares with a World Cup title," he explained to Argentine television network TyC Sports.

"There are people who say that I don't care about the Argentine shirt, but it's not like that. If I didn't care about the shirt, I wouldn't play and I wouldn't make so many journeys.

"I love it and I want the best, and like any Argentine I want the World Cup. I feel good because I play for my country.

"I would give everything to win the World Cup, it would be the biggest thing for me and for Argentina. I've had the luck to achieve a lot of important things at club level, but I would change all of that for the World Cup."

While Diego Maradona's side did not have the easiest road to qualification, Messi is confident that they will prove their doubters wrong and reach the latter stages of the finals in South Africa.

"We went through some hard times, we suffered. But now that burden has left us. We will be fighting [for the title], I'm absolutely certain. I hope to do what I've done and what I'm doing with Barcelona in order to give my best for the national team," he concluded.

I have ran out of words to describe Lionel Messi. The man is just a genius!

He could well go down as the best player ever to have played football. An absolute joy and pleasure to watch :praise: