Red Dead Redemption

dpRFC1

The game is set in 1908; it focuses around a former outlaw, John Marston. Marston has been given the primary directive by government agents to kill or capture his former gang members, which includes his old 'friend' and gang leader Bill Williamson. If he does not do so, his family will pay the price. Along the way Marston is given work as the game will use open world gameplay similar to the Grand Theft Auto series (also by Rockstar) with sandbox environments and a free-roaming ability. The environments include frontier towns, prairies, and mountain passes. The game features over 40 different types of animals that can be hunted including cattle, bison, beaver, bears, cougars, rattlesnakes, deer, wolves, mustangs, coyotes, wild boars, vultures, bighorn sheep, elk, birds and others.

John Marston has an arsenal of weapons to choose from that include semi-automatic pistols, revolvers, lever or bolt-action rifles, knives, dynamite, molotov cocktail , a lasso, and a mounted Gatling gun or cannon.

Random encounters generate as players explore the countryside, these include hangings, ambushes, pleas for help and animal attacks. Many Mini quests are available to challenge you in. These mini-games include showdowns, gambling, hunting bounties and animals, cattle herding, arm wrestling and five finger fillet.

taken from wikipedia

looks like a good game :pipe:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be amazing, this and the Liberty City Episodes are the next games I'm getting. Rockstar :praise:

Next 2 games I'm getting Spanish, don't plan on buying many but I know I'll get a good few hours out of these, I generally rent from LOVEFiLM (tu)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just checked this code there just now and it still works lads.

*USE CODE MVC3*

Red Dead Redemption

edit- prices are up to £33.95 now with the code. Sorry.

Xbox 360 - £31.95 - http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10042974.html

PS3 - £31.45 - http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms...e/10042975.htm

Love a good ole cowboy game. Makes you feel like a wean again. Still remember 'The Wild Bunch' on my old 48k Spectrum :D

• 2 weeks later...

all i'm going to say, after 2 hours of playing

i played two hours of it, i just went absolutely mental on the sherif and his gang, pushed some whores down the stairs, smashed somebody through a glass window and i pushed ssomebody off the water tower, the piano guy was playing the piano while standing up on the seat.

not bad for 2hrs work

:blush:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

i played two hours of it, i just went absolutely mental on the sherif and his gang, pushed some whores down the stairs, smashed somebody through a glass window and i pushed ssomebody off the water tower, the piano guy was playing the piano while standing up on the seat.

not bad for 2hrs work

How is the game though?

not bad for 2hrs work

How is the game though?

lets just say its gta set in the wildwest, the controls are the same, the mechanics are the same, jumping/climbing is the same, don't really want to ive much away but when your wanted you can either hide or use one of them blaiclava scarves things then when the wanted bar is down, go to your nearest trainstation and pay your bounty.

typed that out on the itouch