Fabregas Scores With Broken Leg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CESC FABREGAS broke his right leg - then used it to score the penalty which sealed a dramatic Arsenal fightback.

Now the Gunners' Spanish skipper fears he will be out for the rest of the season and miss the World Cup finals.

Fabregas, who limped out of the Emirates on crutches, suffered a hairline fracture of his fibula when he was fouled in the box by Barca defender Carles Puyol.

Fab then bravely smashed home the spot-kick before collapsing in agony.

He said: "I am not good. We have to wait but I hope I will be able to wear the Arsenal shirt again this season.

"I fear the worst which is that I broke something. I took the penalty quiet strong and after that I went to get the ball and then I couldn't walk any more.

"It is the fibula. I think I put my leg between Puyol's when I was fouled, and kicked it.

"I don't think it is going to be good news. For 85 minutes it was not a gamble to play. I knew in my mind I was not 100 per cent and I knew in my mind there was something there.

"But until the penalty I was feeling quiet good. It was a gamble worth taking, it was an amazing experience, an amazing game and I will remember it all my life."

An initial scan straight after the game proved inconclusive.

Barca battered Arsenal without scoring in the first half but after two goals From Zlatan Ibrahimovic, sub Theo Walcott pulled one back after come off the bench.

For the penalty, Fabregas was then fouled by Carles Puyol, who was sent off, before firing the ball into the net.

Fabregas insisted: "The team can definitely do it without me. Barcelona have lost big players like Puyol and Pique so I don't think it is the same without them.

"We will see but it will be tough and I think that we can make it. I think this is the best team I have faced in my life. Theo made such a difference, he created a lot of problems and I think he was the best player."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2916392/Cesc-scores-penalty-with-broken-leg.html#ixzz0jnrumCgf

A major blow for the gooners, for me they needed to win every game in order to nick the title, so the Birmingham game at the weekend has finished them off.

I wonder if we'll see Cesc over here again, surely Barcelona or Madrid will come in with a £30 million bid this summer.

A season in the life of Cesc Fabregas:

Play a few games. Pick up an injury which keeps you out for 4-6 weeks. Deny that you want to move back to Spain four/five times. Rush back from injury then repeat process several times over the course of the season

:lol:

Sadly, I think Fabregas gets away with being 'bigger than the club' in many ways.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Wenger let him back on the park for nine minutes after that penalty last night, surely any manager with a brain would have flatly refused to allow his star player to get injured any more seriously than he already was?