Nenad Milijas

hutchy14

"Nenad Milijas will quit Wolves at the end of the season - if he cannot convince Mick McCarthy he has a long-term future at Molineux."

I think he would be a good buy especially if he is free. He's a good playmaker who likes to take the ball and run and isn't scared to take a pop from distance. Not sure if he can play out wide as thats what we are badly needing but worth a look.

Thoughts?

Milijas looks a good player when i've see him on MOTD. Van Bronkhurst type of player, box to box midfielder and not scared to have a pop at goal. Only thing i'll say is why's he not getting regular games with Wolves?

Very good player who can play as a CM or on the left hand side of midfield.

But I would be surprised if Ewan Chester knew who he was.

would be surprised if he has been sent out to scout in the last 3 seasons.

Well to be fair most of them players wouldn't have been scouted as such.

Whittaker; Already playing in the SPL and didn't need scouting

Cuellar; Came across him when we played Osasuna and Joh Brown went to keep an eye on him afterwards.

Bougherra; Suggested by Adam Owen although some scouting would have went into that signing.

Davis; Suggested by Ewan Chester who had contacts at Fulham.

Edu; Suggested by Mo Johnstone.

Mendes; Was playing in England for years and like Whittaker didn't really need scouting.

Miller; Walter knew all about Miller and also didn't need scouting.

Weir; Same as Miller.

Alexander; Scouting would have went into that deal.

I remember when we signed Amoruso from Fiorentina we had a scout at the Camp Nou to keep an eye out on talent.

To be honest our scouting system is fuvking rotten, we don't know how to pick a good player.

Yeah because Whittaker, Cuellar, Bougherra, Davis, Edu, Mendes, Miller, Weir & Alexander have all been shit players for Rangers haven't they? :pipe:

Lets be honest though,

Whittaker - SPL

Cuellar - Scouted by John Brown when we were up against Osasuna

Bougherra - Adam Owen recommended him due to working with him in the past

Davis - Hardly a unknown player for his club and country

Edu - Recommended by ex player Mo Johnstone

Mendes - Same as Davis

Miller - Walter knew him from working with him in the national team

Weir - Walter knew him by working with him in the past

Alexander- Hardly a unknown player

Yeah our scouting network is working great :pipe:

Well to be fair most of them players wouldn't have been scouted as such.

Whittaker; Already playing in the SPL and didn't need scouting

Cuellar; Came across him when we played Osasuna and Joh Brown went to keep an eye on him afterwards.

Bougherra; Suggested by Adam Owen although some scouting would have went into that signing.

Davis; Suggested by Ewan Chester who had contacts at Fulham.

Edu; Suggested by Mo Johnstone.

Mendes; Was playing in England for years and like Whittaker didn't really need scouting.

Miller; Walter knew all about Miller and also didn't need scouting.

Weir; Same as Miller.

Alexander; Scouting would have went into that deal.

I remember when we signed Amoruso from Fiorentina we had a scout at the Camp Nou to keep an eye out on talent.

Great minds in all that :lol:

Maybe we should be looking at the players he has scouted, e.g kyle lafferty :craphead: Haha joking, i like kyle, for me he has showen some quality a few times but no where near enough.

So do you two seriously think we signed these players on the basis of recommendations and SPL/EPL highlights alone?

No. But the ground work had already been done from recommendations and previous knowledge of the player.

I would love us to send our scouts across Europe to watch some games and come back with glowing reports on players we have not seen/heard of before.

So do you two seriously think we signed these players on the basis of recommendations and SPL/EPL highlights alone?

We would have done some degree of scouting on all of them, bar maybe Weir & Miller.

The majority of our players are either players that have played under Walter, or stumbled a crossed when they played well against us, so for a good few of them yes.

Cuellar was a good bit of luck, cause if we never played Osasuna he wouldn't have been spotted.

Mendes and Davis, I highly doubt we watched them over a long period of time. Davis of course was on loan but before that his deal was rushed through.

Even Cousin was recommended to us, from super agent Willie Mckay and his dodgy DVD collection.

Our scouting network on a whole is pretty poor.

Milijas has certainly got quality but lacks a bit of mongrel in him by what I've seen of him, but could be a good buy depending on who gets sold and who stays for next season.I agree that our scouting system is total shite and needs improving.I sent a letter to Ibrox in 1997 about a young Australian kid who looked very promising but I don't know if the letter was even looked at or not. The player in question was a kid by the name of Tim Cahill.

Previous to that, I sent a letter about another young Australian who played for Marconi in Sydney.His name was Mark Schwarzer but he ended up in Germany.We have a few kids here with enormous talent but I'll be mighty surprised if any of them ever end up at Ibrox.