Next season

Chef

With the current climate we find ourselves in and with the current form of other spl teams and the improvements some seem to be achieving i feel that next season could be a stormer.

does it not seem like good sence to tie up boyd and everyone else who is needed if no one can come in, its vital to get 1st to have any chance of europe, of which they will reap the rewards, just a notion

With the current climate we find ourselves in and with the current form of other spl teams and the improvements some seem to be achieving i feel that next season could be a stormer.

does it not seem like good sence to tie up boyd and everyone else who is needed if no one can come in, its vital to get 1st to have any chance of europe, of which they will reap the rewards, just a notion

The term "stormer" means good but your post does not support this expression...

:lol:

I understand what you mean. Assuming we win the Championship this season, I think we would be favourites to win it next season. Dundee United are 5 points behind Celtic, but 15 behind Rangers. United are the best outwith the Old Firm, but they're still behind the worst Celtic team for ages.

Next season Celtic will be rebuilding again. I don't think Lennon is a Martin O'Neill, so I can't see a quick turnaround in their fortunes. Another manager might need a settling in period, and have to clear up the mess Mowbray left behind. United and the rest might improve, but will probably be a bit behind the Old Firm.

No need for complaceny this season or next. We need to finish the job this season, and consolidate the good that we have, and prudently strengthen where we're weak for next season.

So many questions still have to be answered before next season regarding the ownership, Walter, and then guys like Boyd/Novo etc. It's way too early to make any predictions about next season IMO

I agree that we have to finish this season off successfully. We cannot dither and wait on who the owner is going to be. Or the manager, assistants etc. Those at the club need to be thinking ahead once this title is done and dusted, if not beforehand.

I think Celtic dithered last season. They ended up with the wrong manager, and are now dealing with the mess he left behind. Forward planning is essential. What's the motto "Ready".

I agree that we have to finish this season off successfully. We cannot dither and wait on who the owner is going to be. Or the manager, assistants etc. Those at the club need to be thinking ahead once this title is done and dusted, if not beforehand.

I think Celtic dithered last season. They ended up with the wrong manager, and are now dealing with the mess he left behind. Forward planning is essential. What's the motto "Ready".

How can you think ahead, when the Manager and his coaching staff futures have to be sorted in the long term.

Lets get this season out the road with, before we plan a head.

If we go on to win the title this season then the tables will have turned full circle on RAceltic. Last season we were under severe pressure to end RAceltics dominance after 3 titles in a row and the increasing gap in finances.

However we should now claim two in a row and gain qualification to the Champions league for the second season running while RAceltic may yet fail to qualify for the Champions league for the second season running. The gap in finance has closed dramatically, partly due to our cutbacks and as a result of the Mowbray fiasco, we are the ones with the stability on the field and will be going for 3 in a row.

RAceltic gambled heavily and expensively under Monkeyhead and it failed miserably while we cutback and overachieved. If RAceltic fail to reach the Champions league for next season then they will be in the same position that we were in at the start of last season and will have to shoulder the huge pressure that comes with it.

Given that after next season only the winners of the SPL will have Champions league football RAceltic will be desperate to win the league and will be in a very unsettling predicament. They will have to decide whether to spend excessively again in order to wrestle the title back? Or compensate for the absence of Champions league income by not spending and even selling players thus weakening their title challenge?

Last seasons title win for us was absolutely critical and the one next year is going to be very similar, except this time its RAceltic who are in the shit...Keep it up Walter, those screws are getting nice and tight now.

:lol: