UEFA Cup final 08

dmac456

after watching ties the nite and teams that are fightin it out dont you think our achievement in gettin there even though our style of play was horrible at times got to much negative press imo fantastic achievement with ltd resources .still a proud bear and what a couple of days watp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the game and remember watching at 1-0 down and Papac started a run and Ferguson told him to stop just before the half way line and pass it to him even though he had miles of space in front of him...That summed it up for me.

Best day as a Bear but was devastated by the final....have never watched it since

The biggest anti-climax of all time. Watching it on the big screen and as soon as I heard novo wasn't starting I knew we had no chance. The wee man had the game of his life vs Dundee utd the weekend before but never got the chance. We could of went for it but we shat ourself. Took away from what we had achieved. An amazing day in Manchester but the end totally fukd it.

Btw who started the game? What was the first 11 and subs?

The biggest anti-climax of all time. Watching it on the big screen and as soon as I heard novo wasn't starting I knew we had no chance. The wee man had the game of his life vs Dundee utd the weekend before but never got the chance. We could of went for it but we shat ourself. Took away from what we had achieved. An amazing day in Manchester but the end totally fukd it.

Rangers: Alexander, Broadfoot, Weir, Cuellar, Papac (Novo 77), Hemdani (McCulloch 80), Whittaker (Boyd 86), Ferguson, Thomson, Davis, Darcheville.

Subs Not Used: Graeme Smith, Adam, Dailly, Faye.

Rangers: Alexander, Broadfoot, Weir, Cuellar, Papac (Novo 77), Hemdani (McCulloch 80), Whittaker (Boyd 86), Ferguson, Thomson, Davis, Darcheville.

That line up :anguish:

Five defenders, four central midfielders and a striker.

Do you ever regret your decision not to go PG? I forgot to ask how you did in that exam?

Do you ever regret your decision not to go PG? I forgot to ask how you did in that exam?

I got 73% for it.

I regret it all the time mate, but if I didn't have a degree then I'd regret that more.

The thing is we could have opened up and got absolutely raped and we would be sitting saying that Walter should have just played it the way we were before.

It's all hindsight and tbh I was more than happy enough to just be there. It's incredible that we made it through when you watch the likes of the Bremen game :lol: !

I got 73% for it.

I regret it all the time mate, but if I didn't have a degree then I'd regret that more.

I had exams but thought fuck it and went for it and I'm glad I did.

One of the best days of my life, the whole day, atmosphere unreal! Words can't describe it, one of the "you had to be there" times.

The disappointment was hard to take especially coming back to the bus n seeing everyone scrapping n wrecking the place. I knew the papers would be on it in a second and the txts started coming thick and fast from the tims :(

The disappointment was hard to take especially coming back to the bus n seeing everyone scrapping n wrecking the place. I knew the papers would be on it in a second and the txts started coming thick and fast from the tims :(

I was out on the streets until about 6 in the morning and never seen one bit of bother :lol:

I got 73% for it.

I had exams but thought fuck it and went for it and I'm glad I did.

One of the best days of my life, the whole day, atmosphere unreal! Words can't describe it, one of the "you had to be there" times.

Good for you mate.

So how is life sweeping the pishy streets?

Really? I remember actually seein ppl smashin shop windows n throwing bricks n polis everywhere. If I could relive the day except the end I would, over and over again

aye honestly :lol:

was in the centre the whole night basically and never seen one thing, seen the riot vans driving around like mad but never seen anything. Then was staying in travel lodge at trafford park so got the taxi there and still nout.

The first time I seen was about 9 when we got up and seen the manchester news at the reception.