UEFA Cup final 08

dmac456

There's another stand-out in my mind - The recieption that big Carlos Cuéllar got when introduced, three times as loud as any combined pair on each sides line-up.

Like I said, I've never watched the highlights of the game and don't plan to, but I watch clips from the day itself every so often. One in particular is from inside the stadium before the game as Bowie and some Russian punter are introducing the players. Fergie gets a decent recieption, but big Carlos' was a on a different level. He was fucking loved here.

"Wearing number twenty-four for Rangers, it's the Player Of The Year... CARLOS CUÉLLAR!!"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest regret was leaving the hotel I watched the game in before the medals. I left at FT and sat outside and cried for about 10 minutes. To this day I've never seen the team get the medals and it still gets to me. If anyone knows of a video, let me know (tu)

I've seen photos of the players walking around and sitting on the pitch with their medals, but I've never seen a video of them being given them. I've never watched the highlights of the match, either.

I just watched the highlights there. Painful viewing, but I'm glad I did watch. Still no footage of the medals though. It genuinely still hurts knowing I haven't seen it.

http://rarbg.com/torrents/filmi/download/f7f73f0f092695556d537ce98a5246ffde59e7e9/torrent.html

That site says that it's a torrent to download the highlights, celebrations and trophy presentation which I'm assuming will include our medal presentation. I don't know if you want to trust it and give it a download, but that's all I could find through a Google search.

My biggest regret was leaving the hotel I watched the game in before the medals. I left at FT and sat outside and cried for about 10 minutes. To this day I've never seen the team get the medals and it still gets to me. If anyone knows of a video, let me know (tu)

Kind of...

The whole day was amazing from driving down on the day every car seemed to be heading to manchester packed with bears stopping at the service station and it was just a mass of blue then arriving in manchester I remember looking down a street in the city centre and you couldnt see anything but rangers fans didnt see any trouble after the game but you could feel it in the air with the noise of sirens and helicopters then when we got back to the car and it was on the radio it made me feel sick but what a day I was only 2 when we got to barcelona so was so glad ive seen us reaching a euro final just hope I get that privilege again in my lifetime

Walking out of Victoria station at 10am to a see of blue, Flags having from every corner of the giant wheel and thinking jeys, we still have 10 hours till KO, Every where and I mean everywhere in a 5 mile radius was a sea of blue, Offies and Supermarkets out of booze by 11am, Went into the Aldi in the centre and all was left were warm bottles o ale, and bottles of fizz, so I loaded up lol,

Wasnt ucky enough to get a ticket but watched it in albert square, Not once did I see trouble till about 11pm and even then wasnt major. Remeber watching in hotel about 10am next morning thinking WTF, was I in the the same game and city as all the trouble.

Was in Florence, Bremen, Barca the same season but Manchester walked on them all. A quarter of a million rangers fans, Fucking hell that is a once in a life time experience.

Come full time I had tears strolling down my cheek and still to this day dont think that was due to the loss, it was due to it was over, Those amazing 4/5 months were over, The last 16, Quarters, Semi's all these games I went into thiking thats it were out, but then one by one we made or way through, Then Manchester of all fucking places for the Final, A british final for THE BRITISH TEAM, you couldnt of dreamt it up, it was perfect.The next few days were like a slump, It was over, Kind of liek Christmas when a kid suppose, only this time I wouldnt have another in 365 days time,

Gers of every accent all in one place, and everyone was so fucking friendly, I hugged probs 2000 randomers lol, I have photos galore of strangers with their arms round me, Was perfect.

Honestly makes me feel like am about to cry now just writing it down, I have never felt so at home in a strange city as I did that day in Manchester.

Would love the club to produce a wee book where people could write into them with their days adventures and produce them all in a book.

:h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt:

I only saw the last 15 minutes of the game, jammed in a bookies shop in Manchester after managing to escape the police who were attacking from all angles, dirty fucking pig bastards. I will never forgive those cunts. NEVER. Fucking horrendous scenes, and totally avoidable if it weren't for the tactics of the police. It was like the Battle of Orgreave, and we were getting a beating from the cops as soon as Nachos penalty hit the back of the net in Florence. They wanted to ruin the day for Rangers and the supporters.

I did expect Zenit to win the match, due to the way they'd played in the previous rounds but I still drove down and stood in the sea of broken glass that was Piccadilly Square. Until they came and unplugged the screen and pretended there was a "fault".

I have no wish to see or even visit Manchester again & I hope the GMP & the Councillors involved in the whole set up get what they deserve........a syringe full of HIV infected blood stuck in each & every one of them. They were told we'd bring 400 000 at least and their arses collapsed when we did.

I'll never lose hope that we can win another European trophy though, and no bastard police will stop me being there to see it.

i'm still astonished that we made the final with such a scratch team. admittedly there is a lot of dross in the early rounds of the uefa cup but by the last 16 they are all good teams.

i'm sure some people (who would never wish us well) will seize on the little bit of crowd trouble to try and discredit the whole campaign but all i saw after the game was a few neds running down a street, one assault and very little criminal damage being done ... hardly worth damning 200,000 well behaved fans and a plucky football team for is it :rolleyes:

I cant understand why people keep talking the numbers down. I've heard 100 000 from some people, there was nearly half a million of us there, thats not a timmy-like exageration, its a fact.