David Goodwillie

Macca1690

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Leigh Griffiths? surely a cheaper option and has bagged a shit load of goals again this season!

I'd rather have David Goodwillie.

Good young player with a bit of desire and passion about him, with the right coaches he could be a real stand out in the SPL and a decent player in europe.

At this moment in time I think he's the next Kenny Miller, although I think he has the potential to become a more complete player than Miller is.

I think his finishing is less erratic than Millers and his touch is better, too.

Really would be happy with this if we could do the buisness.

How about Leigh Griffiths? surely a cheaper option and has bagged a shit load of goals again this season!

If he was to go to a team like motherwell and show he's spl quality I would definetely like the idea, a bit much to jump from the 1st division straight to the spl champions

He'd cost a fair bit of money - in that I mean £1.5m+...

Similar player to Kenny Miller in terms of work rate, and attitude on the pitch. He's got a decent touch, good in the air, bit of pace, can score goals... a bit rough around the edges, pretty much expected for a player who's just turned 21. He is also one hard little bastard who takes no shit, and has a bit of arrogance about him.

He want's to play for Rangers!

Don't know if we are interested in him, but I wouldn't be suprised if we were.

Agreed

Was he not the boy wjo knocked out the 20 stone rugby boy wi one punch cos the guy was taking the mickey?

I seem to remember he battered someone in a squarego outside Fat Sams as well.

In both cases he was standing his ground so defo got something about him in terms of ability and a wee bit of backbone

Goodwillie comes from a rough area in Stirling and i've heard he is a hard wee guy.

The rugby player story isn't as simple as that tho!!

The guy is a 18st rugby player and bouncer in Stirling and was on a night out. He was absolutely hammered and I think it started by him pushing into the taxi queue. Not sure of all he ins and outs but Goodwillie did knock him down with a punch and he was knocked out by hitting his head on the pavement!

I'm not saying Goodwillie wouldnt have taken him anyway but it wasn't as straightforward as what was mentioned.

I've met him a few times and too be honest he seems a decent guy but is quite cocky and arrogant but which young footballer isn't!!??

Also think someone told me he's actually a tim (not sure tho) but i'm sure he'd still play for us and I think he has the potential to be a good player.

He's strong, fast, good touch and can finish!

Price dependant, I think he'd be a good signing!

I thought he had a good 60 minutes tonight against St. Johnstone until he was substituted - not as good in the 2nd half.

Michael Duberry tried to kick him a few times, on one occasion he went in hard, and bounced of Goodwillie. He eventually got him with an elbow to the head.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2723771/Dundee-United-star-guilty-of-assault.html

SOCCER ace David Goodwillie yesterday escaped with a fine for knocking out a giant rugby player - after a court heard his 18-stone victim tried to HEADBUTT him.

Dundee United star Goodwillie, 20, landed three punches on Craig Reid, 31, during a row outside a nightclub.

Former Stirling County prop forward Reid ended up unconscious when he hit his head when he was felled.

Reid needed three stitches to his chin and six stitches to the back of his head. And he was kept in Stirling Royal Infirmary overnight as a precaution.

But the town's sheriff court heard Reid had started the fight in the car park of The Beat nightspot in Bridge of Allan, Stirlingshire, on September 20.

Depute fiscal Gail Russell said: "Goodwillie was chatting to a girl when an argument broke out between him and Mr Reid. Mr Reid went to headbutt him but missed and the accused then punched him three times."

Goodwillie later told cops that Reid had been "staring at him" before his failed attack.

He admitted assaulting Mr Reid under provocation.

The incident came 15 months after the Scotland Under-21 striker accepted a £250 fiscal fine for punching a man in Stirling's Dusk nightclub.

Defence solicitor Stephen Maguire said yesterday: "My client knows he did not behave responsibly. He regrets what he did. He knows that people look up to him because he is a professional football player. His club have said they'll stick by him.

Mr Maguire revealed Dundee United docked Goodwillie four weeks' wages after the latest nightclub incident and also suspended him for one match.

Sheriff Ian Duguid fined the player £200 and ordered him to pay Mr Reid £100 compensation. He said: "I accept there was provocation and you were not the instigator."

Goodwillie, who earns £45,000 a year, asked for two months to pay.

A Dundee United spokesman said: "Any further action will be a private matter between the club and the employee."