Nothing will ever beat the feeling....

rab wilson

sorry boys but it's friday and feeling a bit sentimental. when i was a wee boy, me , ma dad, ma cousin tommy and my uncle tommy were always a tight unit at ibrox, and away games.ma dad used to work nights at leyland at bathgate, but would always make sure ma scarf was perfect before he went to the orange club in blackburn on a saturday morning, i would team up with him an hour later, we would meet our 2 amigos at ibrox before the game and really we could smell the grass from the hallowed turf as we entered the copland.the one thing that i will take to the grave is that we always went fuckin mental when the bears scored, the four of us clinging onto each other for dear life like it was the most important thing in the world. Rangers were shite in the early 80's, but we sill had cooper, russell, macdonald, and dawson.going mental with your old man and those you loved most was what made me a true bear.

Just wish i was still on speaking terms with ma dad so i could tell him what it really meant to me, but he probably knows anyway.

Feel free to take the piss

I could not give a fuck

No Surrender

Rab

sorry boys but it's friday and feeling a bit sentimental. when i was a wee boy, me , ma dad, ma cousin tommy and my uncle tommy were always a tight unit at ibrox, and away games.ma dad used to work nights at leyland at bathgate, but would always make sure ma scarf was perfect before he went to the orange club in blackburn on a saturday morning, i would team up with him an hour later, we would meet our 2 amigos at ibrox before the game and really we could smell the grass from the hallowed turf as we entered the copland.the one thing that i will take to the grave is that we always went fuckin mental when the bears scored, the four of us clinging onto each other for dear life like it was the most important thing in the world. Rangers were shite in the early 80's, but we sill had cooper, russell, macdonald, and dawson.going mental with your old man and those you loved most was what made me a true bear.

Just wish i was still on speaking terms with ma dad so i could tell him what it really meant to me, but he probably knows anyway.

I could not give a fuck

No Surrender

Rab

Hi Rab great to see you back again, and those were special days, but sad to say i think that those days are gone. But the great thing is, that we will always have our memories and that is one thing than can never be taken from us.

first time i experienced the pish smell was against dukhla prague in the west enclosure. fuckin hell man. i went in ma school uniform with ma rangers scarf on a wednesday night. had to wear it again next day cos ma dad didn't want to wake ma mum up at 11 when we got back.ah well, at least it was proddy pish. ha ha. ma maw went fuckin mental at ma dad when she found out!the memories. ha ha. fuck sake. will never ever be beat.

Go on the Bears!

Man there were some right wild bastards at ibrox in those days, real bears.

first time i experienced the pish smell was against dukhla prague in the west enclosure. fuckin hell man. i went in ma school uniform with ma rangers scarf on a wednesday night. had to wear it again next day cos ma dad didn't want to wake ma mum up at 11 when we got back.ah well, at least it was proddy pish. ha ha. ma maw went fuckin mental at ma dad when she found out!the memories. ha ha. fuck sake. will never ever be beat.

Go on the Bears!

Man there were some right wild bastards at ibrox in those days, real bears.

:uk:

A the smell of the turf, whit about the smell of pish from the enclosure open air bogs?

It was some smell Dummiesoot but it was much worse when they pissed right behind you on the terrace. :lol:

Been there done that seen that :lol:

Wasn't the guy who got called "Mr Itchy Bawbag" called Robert Wilson :craphead: is that you Mr Itch?

ha ha. the only time i got called that was after a kneetrembler with a 40 guilder ho in rotterdam after our game at the de kuip.man i was fuckin crawlin wi crabs. byy the the time we docked at harwich i had scratched masel red raw. ha ha . where me and ma cousin had got battered in the ground i had wounds open as well. Mate i was like a F*nian on a thursday queuing at the chemist for crab juice!probably not the same rab wilson, but that was fuckin agony. ha ha ha

I could not give a fuck

No Surrender

Rab

Sort it out while you still can mate, you'll regret it for the rest of your life if you don't. (tu)

Some things seem funny, nostalgia does that it is horrible at the time, tripping over beer can filled with pish. The guy walking up and down the enclosure "Macaroon and Tab" great days watching Doddie, Cooper, Bobby Russell, Parlane, so many great memories. Bears singing the same songs, atmosphere, no shopping to the polis (some joined in the singing from memory). No sitting on our fat arses in silence hoping to be entertained.

Fuck it, bring back open air bogs and standing, fitba was truly a male bastion, if somewhat disgusting at times, in those days.

I could not give a fuck

No Surrender

Rab

Sort it out while you still can mate, you'll regret it for the rest of your life if you don't. (tu)

Well said BoltonLoyal (tu)