Best man on the park today

Scott-RFC

Alex Neil and James McArthur dominated the game today. :anguish:

Still wouldn't have him though, we have Davis, Thomson, Edu, McCulloch, Ness.... Cerny played well today and wouldn't be bad backup...

Hamilton have played us 5 times this season, and while McArthur had a good game yesterday, he was far from impressive in the others.

We have too many players who are inconsistent without bringing in more who have 1 good game in 5.

No thanks.

I go along with the view that the space our midfield (McCulloch in particular) gave Hamilton to play was the cause of our poor performance. We did not close them down until they were inside our half. That starts from the front with Miller and Boyd chasing their defenders who were bringing the ball out but were outnumbered while our midfield 4 stood so deep it gave Hamilton all the space they needed. When we did start to close them down, about 35 yards from our goal, Hamilton did very little, and McGregor had 1 great save and very little else to do.

For us, I thought Weir commanded his area brilliantly yesterday, won every header and organised his defence well. I dont tend to look at opposition players unless they really dominate the game, and I didn't think Hamilton had anyone in that category, they just passed the ball well until they got near our goal, then nothing. We had plenty of chances, scored one, hit the post, Miller's sitter, Novo's greed when Lafferty was open for a tap-in, and a few other chances as well while playing really badly and disjointed.

We will need to up our play for Wednesday's cup final against McGhee's timmy pretenders who play their last game of the season (out of a total of 3)at Ibrox and will be out to remain the only unbeaten team against the Champions in 2009-10.