Walter on our pre-season plans - interesting for NARSA guys

Boab

Apr 4 2010 Gordon Waddell, Sunday Mail

Rangers are mulling over a trans-Atlantic trek in the summer to prepare them for an assault on all fronts next season.

Manager Walter Smith refused to confirm details with the SPL trophy still technically up for grabs.

However, he revealed the club are considering an east coast expedition that could take in top-class clashes in Miami, New York and Toronto.

The champions' season will kick-off with the start of the domestic campaign on August 14 - although the SPL runners-up will face a Champions League qualifier a month earlier on July 13.

Despite the fact it seems only a matter of time before the Ibrox club lift the SPL crown, Smith admits he is still wary of planning anything before he knows for certain when their season kicks off next term.

He said: "We have offers in America and Canada for pre-season and a few offers in Europe. But one of the difficulties is not knowing when you're going to start your season - until you either win or don't win a championship.

"The difference between the two is quite dramatic this year so it's difficult to settle on a plan.

"The talk for the American trip was about one in New York, one in Miami and one in Toronto so we have options - but we can't commit as yet."

Hope we do take advantage Canada or America.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2010/04/04/walter-smith-we-won-t-confirm-pre-season-trip-to-us-until-we-know-where-we-ve-finished-in-league-86908-22161573/

At last we decide to take advantage of having 2 of America's most recognisable players in our team. Well done the STS Report for bringing this to the club's attention.

Its only took us about 2 year kev :rolleyes:

At last we decide to take advantage of having 2 of America's most recognisable players in our team. Well done the STS Report for bringing this to the club's attention.

It's absolutley ridiculous. Its something I've spoken about on here (you'll probably find my article on it if you go back about 2 years :lol: ), bu we're talking about an ever growing market in America. Edu was their golden boy when he signed. We should be getting Rangers tops with "Edu 2" on the back in every sports shop in the US!

i might search for it another day ive got football soon :wink: haha. i know what you mean mate, if both go to the world cup then it would be great for us, but it wouldnt hurt us to go over to the USA For a pre season tour instead of Germany each year. With the ammount of press and interviews edu and beasley would get it would go along way to us getting more support.

Would be great to reward some of our loyal and true Bears in USA and Canada with some games over there this summer.

Looks like it's all done but not being announced until number 53 has been closed out.

Amen to this

Would be great to reward some of our loyal and true Bears in USA and Canada with some games over there this summer.

Looks like it's all done but not being announced until number 53 has been closed out.

Yep, lets not jump the gun too much.

Glad Walter has hinted it though, a bit of a Carrot for the fans.

It's absolutley ridiculous. Its something I've spoken about on here (you'll probably find my article on it if you go back about 2 years :lol: ), bu we're talking about an ever growing market in America. Edu was their golden boy when he signed. We should be getting Rangers tops with "Edu 2" on the back in every sports shop in the US!

you are correct with this (tu)

look at all the japanese people obsessed with nakamura when he played with them.

Massive potential market there and we should be looking to branch out our merchandise like every other massive club in the world.