***The Official 2010 Golf Thread***

Wow, just wow!

Not the Tiger Woods, we have all grew to admire.

Finished? maybe. Written off? Never. The only man I'd back to comeback from this, is Tiger Woods.

Well I hope so.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Mickelson is having a nightmare out there aswell. Doesn't look like he is going to finish inside the top 4, therefore Tiger will remain at number 1.

Another pathetic round from Tiger Woods. +5 today, now +11 for the competition.

Unless he shoots something outrageous tomorrow, and Mickelson has a complete and utter blow out, and finishes out of the top 4, he will replace Woods as the World number 1.

Hate to say it because I love the golfer, Tiger Woods, and you can never write-off sportsmen like this, but I'm going to. Tiger Woods is finished - this is his competition, a course that he knows like the back of his hand, and he's not even put two good shots together. His driving is terrible, his irons are all over the place, and his putting is the worst it has ever been. His swing has fallen apart, and his head is fcuked.

I hate to see what he shoots around Whistling Straits next week in the PGA Championships :anguish:

Which is exactly what is happening! Mickelsons game always seems to fall apart when the No. 1 spot is within his grasp.

I dont think Woods is anything like finished.

He's going through a very very tough time off the course and no matter who you are its hard to remain focused.

This week is a write off and unless he does the spectacular next week, the season will be the same. He'll work hard over the off season and start to work his way back.

On a side note, Mickelson is a complete and utter bottle merchant. He's been second to Woods for a long long time and he's had the perfect opportunity in pretty much every tournament since the Masters to become number one and hasn't even come close.

Thats him not +3 for the tournament and +8 for the day, he'll be lucky to break 80.

Tiger's an arse. Couldn't hold a candle as a sportsman to Nicklaus, Player, Watson etc. I really could not give a shit if he recovers or not.

I know what you mean, but Player is a cheating little cunt, someone i have no time for.

Need to tell me about player being a cheat. Always came across as a true gent!

He's a little arrogant cunt and very disliked in Golf.

Google Gary Player cheat and take your time reading up

Something to do with dropping a ball at Lytham in 1974?

Can't remember the story, but I've heard it before. Gary Player was up playing Kingsbarns the other week, and he is an absolute gentleman. I doubt Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson, Tony Lima, Tony Jacklin... would have been so friendly with him, if he was a cheat.

Something to do with dropping a ball at Lytham in 1974?

Can't remember the story, but I've heard it before. Gary Player was up playing Kingsbarns the other week, and he is an absolute gentleman. I doubt Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson, Tony Lima, Tony Jacklin... would have been so friendly with him, if he was a cheat.

Watson hates him as he caught him cheating more than once. Nicklaus has said in the past,"Gary always found a way to win" Also at the 18 at Lytham he had to play a shot left handed at the 18th, he took "practise" swings which moved dirt out the way giving him a better lie to play the shot.

When he got the trophy he went in the clubhouse after it and Nickalaus said,"You are not honestly gonna claim that trophy are you"?

I think a lot of the reason why not much has been said is because Golf is a gents game so people don't pipe up too much.

The course looks tough, quite like Kingsbarns in a way (a lot harder by the looks of it).

Should be quite interesting when the wind picks up, off the sea.