***The Official 2010 Golf Thread***

Going to be brilliant. Watched 'How the 1997 Ryder Cup was won', today and now I can't wait.

Europe are favourite for sure, McIlroy and Mcdowell were paired together for the practice, should be a brilliant pairing.

Other European pairings today were ;

Martin Kaymer and Lee Westwood

Padraig Harrington and Luke Donald

Ian Poulter and Ross Fisher

Peter Hanson and Miguel Angel Jimenez

The Molinari Brothers.

Was skeptical about Harrington but apparently he shot a great round with a few Eagles, with the Ryder Cup you just never know.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muff, did you ever get to play Cypress Point? 5 of us went down to Pebble after the San Fran convention and stayed at the Lodge at Pebble Beach. We played Pebble, Spyglass and Spanish Bay but they would not let us on Cypress even although we were staying on property.

I've not played any of those courses mentioned, but I hope to one day. I've got a few contacts, just not had the time to get over and play them. So many fantastic courses in the States, and I would love to go on a golfing holiday there!

Euros are big favorites for this I think, should be exciting nonetheless. And McIlroy's comments about Woods- I'm reminded of what Stephen Ames said about Tiger in 2006 and how that prompted him to dominate

My dad played Celtic Manor a few years ago and loved it. He's actually played at Brockett Hall earlier this week, anybody heard of it?

Looking forward to the Ryder Cup, going through to Edinburgh on the bevvy, so will hopefully catch it in a few of the pubs.

It's kind of like a Rangers v celtc game in a sense that the form book goes out the window. I know the majority think Europe are the favourites, but I fully expect America to get a draw at the very least.

So many of the American's have something to prove (as do the European's): Mahan, Watson, Stricker, Johnson, Overton, Kuchar, Fowler, Tiger, and I'm sure some of the stuff that has been said, will have fired them up even more.

It's going to be an interesting three day's :)

I was leaning towards the American's a couple of days ago but I now feel the Ryder Cup is coming back to Europe and I expect an early lead for Europe tomorrow to get the ball rolling. Ross Fisher to be the surprise package tomorrow :sherlock:

FRIDAY FOURBALLS

Match 1 0745 BST

L Westwood/M Kaymer - P Mickelson/D Johnson

Match 2 0800 BST

R McIlroy/G McDowell - S Cink/M Kuchar

Match 3 0815 BST

I Poulter/R Fisher - S Stricker/T Woods

Match 4 0830 BST

L Donald/P Harrington - B Watson/J Overton

I've not played any of those courses mentioned, but I hope to one day. I've got a few contacts, just not had the time to get over and play them. So many fantastic courses in the States, and I would love to go on a golfing holiday there!

If you make it to Florida give me a shout. I can set up some of the best courses for you.

I think Bubba will be the surprise package, he's had a fantastic year and is so underated by almost every pro-golfer outside of America. Anyone who believes that this is going to be a walk in the park for Europe is deluded, I think America have got just as good a chance of winning it. I'm going to predict Europe 14 and a half, America 14 and retaining the cup :sherlock:

Europe is makiing a decent run today, hopefully continues tomorrow.

Wonder if they will pair Woods with Rory .. that would be a great match, considering the build up it had