Problems mount for Barca

Barcelona have been rocked by the news that Andres Iniesta will miss Tuesday's meeting with Arsenal.

Pep Guardiola has seen his plans for the game thrown into disarray by mounting injury and suspension concerns.

The Catalan giants already knew they would face the Gunners without first-choice centre-halves Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol, as they must serve a ban.

They have since seen Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the man who scored both of their goals in the 2-2 draw between the two sides in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League quarter-final, ruled out with a thigh strain.

The bad news shows no sign of abating, though, with midfield playmaker Iniesta the latest to be declared unavailable.

The Spain international, who also missed the first meeting at Emirates Stadium, is nursing a muscular complaint in his left leg and is still some way short of match fitness.

Worryingly for Barca, his fellow midfielder, Yaya Toure, is also a doubt after missing training on Sunday with a knock to his ankle.

He will, however, be given as long as possible to prove his fitness ahead of the crunch clash at Camp Nou.

This is very bad news not only for the Arsenal game but for the El Classico next week.

Abidal came back at the weekend though and will provide Walcott (if he starts) a harder time than Maxwell, and they have Marquez and Milito to slot into Pique and Puyol's shoes, keeping those two fit for Saturday. Keita, Xavi & Busquets should be more than a match for an Arsenal midfield without Fabregas. Whilst Bojan and Jeffren had great games against Bilbao so increase the options up front.

Still expect Barca to progress, and hopefully they can go on and get victory at the Bernabeau on Saturday, though a draw would do to put them back on top.

Abidal came back at the weekend though and will provide Walcott (if he starts) a harder time than Maxwell, and they have Marquez and Milito to slot into Pique and Puyol's shoes, keeping those two fit for Saturday. Keita, Xavi & Busquets should be more than a match for an Arsenal midfield without Fabregas. Whilst Bojan and Jeffren had great games against Bilbao so increase the options up front.

Still expect Barca to progress, and hopefully they can go on and get victory at the Bernabeau on Saturday, though a draw would do to put them back on top.

(tu)

Bojan's second :praise:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Maxwell will continue to play LB and Abidal will play CB which is his favourite position.

Bojan will replace Ibra, he had to excellent finishes at the weekend.

The Barcelona midfield should be dominating Arsenal though (tu)

Im not sure who i want to win between them and arsenal although im pretty sure barca will still win this. They do still have the best player on the planet remember?! from the first leg i cant see arsenal going out there and winning but you never know

I hope to fuck they beat real madrid at the bernabeu, i fucking hate real madrid. If madrid win la liga and chelsea win the premiership im going to cry

Barca have three injuries, Arsenal have about nine.

Plus 2 suspensions to a crucial CB pairing.

Who are these 9?

Who are these 9?

I was over exaggerating the point :pipe:

Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin, Gallas, Djourou, Gibbs, Ramsey....

Valdes

Alves Milito Abidal Maxwell

Busquets Xavi Keita

Messi Henry/Bojan Pedro

Might see that from Barca.

That will be the team, I'm pretty sure Bojan will start (tu)

Tbh I don't think it really matter what CB pairing Barcelona go with because they will be doing all the attacking.

I fancy Barca to win by a few goals. Just a pitty Iniesta is out :(

Who are these 9?

The last three wouldn't have played though.

Who are these 9?

Alex Song won't make it either.

Arsenal are fucked.

Apparently Marquez will start for Barca.

He is bleedin' awful now though.

I remember the BBC commentators(I think?) creaming over Marquez in the defensive mid position at the 06 World Cup.

Who are these 9?

Alex Song won't make it either.

Arsenal are fucked.

Arsenal are completely fucked - pretty much got their five most important players missing, and they don't really have able replacements.

Campbell Vs Messi could be intersting - from Port Vale to The Nou Camp.