Bill Struth

Mate it's not the same picture I've seen , I seen a picture of Bill Struth sitting on a deckchair at the pitchside of Ibrox during a game watching his team , sure he is also wearing his hat and spectacles , it is a black and white picture , if anybody knows of this or has a link that would be much appreciated :praise: :praise: :praise:

I'm certain I have seen a similar picture but in my mind I think it was taken during the annual Ibrox Games that Bill Struth was heavily involved in.

Pretty sure it was a still in a Rangers video I have, maybe the essential history one narrated by Dougie Donnelly.

Mate it's not the same picture I've seen , I seen a picture of Bill Struth sitting on a deckchair at the pitchside of Ibrox during a game watching his team , sure he is also wearing his hat and spectacles , it is a black and white picture , if anybody knows of this or has a link that would be much appreciated :praise: :praise: :praise:

I know the picture you mean and im not sure if thats become mixed up in my memory of this picture I am imagining. It might well be, but im fairly sure theres one of him looking out his window......

Mate was the picture your talking about ,on the documentary about Bill Struth on Rangers TV , when they were talking to his secretary's daughter, saying how he stayed on Copland Road , and how he could look out his window and check on the team's appearance as they walked to the Stadium , and also check on their time keeping

Judging from the angle is that not more likely to have been from in the Ibrox primary school building.

Edit - Or judging from googlemaps a building that used to be in the small section of squared off grass just before Ibrox Primary.

Nope those railings are the ibrox primary railings im fairly sure.Ill go take a picture the now from roughly the same place. Be backin around 8pm.

Judging from the angle is that not more likely to have been from in the Ibrox primary school building.

Edit - Or judging from googlemaps a building that used to be in the small section of squared off grass just before Ibrox Primary.

Nope those railings are the ibrox primary railings im fairly sure.Ill go take a picture the now from roughly the same place. Be backin around 8pm.

Yeah that's what i meant in the edit, there's a marked off bit of grass with a few trees in it just before Ibrox Primary at Hinshelwood Street or whatever, angle looks like its from the back a building that would've been there facing onto the school and Ibrox.

Aye going by the picture it's a building across from the school as I was looking at renting one of them last year.

That or a building that no longer exists near the grassy area.

struth1.jpg

The very last window (circled above) would give the angle needed potentially, as I've detailed.

Or actually this window too would do it, looking from street view angle...

struth3.jpg

Thats the only problem with "lining the side of Ibrox up with the side of the school gates" it can be done at so many angles..

Aye going by the picture it's a building across from the school as I was looking at renting one of them last year.

That or a building that no longer exists near the grassy area.

struth1.jpg

The very last window (circled above) would give the angle needed potentially, as I've detailed.

I considered this one so I went and stood at the lower window. The corner of Hinshewood Drive would be obstructing the broomloan end of the main stand, and the fence of the school is just too far away. It has to be Hinshelwood.

OR

look here http://www.glesga.ukpals.com/rangers/pics/IbroxOld1a.jpg

Is that building on the extreme right of this picture Copland Road or a building that stood on the grassy bit?