Bill Struth

Just been out again to stand at the corner and have a look and from looking at the angle the window in the picture sits at, and the fact it is not a bay window suggests a builing MUST have stood on the grassy area between Edmiston Drive, it simply cant be from copland road due to distance or hinshelwood drive due to angle.

My thinking may be wrong but looking at the Struth photo the corner of the wall in the foreground almost lines up with the corner of the main facade.

Drawing a line, in the photo of Ibrox below, from the corner of the facade through the corner of the wall gives the location of the photographer in the tenement building, marked by the red dot in the bottom image.

2ecmziq.jpg

vinwpc.jpg

hur2vo.jpg

My thinking may be wrong but looking at the Struth photo the corner of the wall in the foreground almost lines up with the corner of the main facade. Drawing a line, in the photo of Ibrox below, from the corner of the facade through the corner of the wall gives the location of the photographer in the tenement building, marked by the red dot in the bottom image. 2ecmziq.jpgvinwpc.jpghur2vo.jpg

I'd say its just too far away. Ill go out tonight and take a couple more pics from different angles.

Mcboyd the picture doesn't have to have been shopped when the originals were taken. Cud have happened much more recently.

Superb thread! Love this stuff.

Trying to work it out myself. It does seem a bit too close to be from Copland Rd. Part of me thinks it could be some early poetic license, like some cutting of 2 films to produce the final impression... or even a photo framed and hanging on the wall. Does that look like a window frame?

Great picture , great find , although having my doubt's about the window and where Mr Struth is looking , back then the window frame would of been sash and casement and the glass would of been divided up by astricals into either 6 or 9 panes , especially if it was the 2/3 floor for safety reasons :praise: ( where's my pic I'm looking for ? lol ) :praise: :praise:

I suspect that the photograph is a composite: a photograph of Struth sitting and another of Ibrox, not from inside the room but from the window. It would be simple enough to cut and paste the two together, take a photograph of the composite image and then paint in the window frame. This could have been done at any time since the invention of photography. It's worth remembering that computerised 'photoshoppping' is based on how people actually manipulated photographs.

Im afraid the composite looks like the most likely outcome just now for me.

Anyway, this picture shows a lot of stuff which isnt there anymore obviously, including what ive hilighted in blue

vinwpc.jpg

Must have been knocked down to make the roads wider i reckon.