Morgaro Gomis

Muff

What's everybody opinion on Sol Bamba?

Good player prone to mistakes though reckon he needs to be at a better club with better players around him, didnt Kolo Toure want him to go to Arsenal? gave him alot of praise anyway. I wouldnt mind seeing him at Rangers, would get a similar reaction to Marvin Andrews if he did join.

He's a bit of a rough diamond, but one thing we are good at is bringing on defenders. I do see a bit of Marvin Andrews about him, I could see him doing the same type of job.

Plus making a profit on him later on.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes been linked with rangers since about two year ago but looks a decent player at UTDs level but if he was that good whys he still at Scumdee ?

And therein lies the real question. IF he is better than EDU, Thomson -- or even Big Lee.. why is he playing in the backwater of Dundee?

Just cause a guy has a few good games at that level - does not make him a Rangers player. And being prepared to part with Mo, KT, or even Big Lee -- is baffling.

He'll never play for The Rangers.

Hes been linked with rangers since about two year ago but looks a decent player at UTDs level but if he was that good whys he still at Scumdee ?

And therein lies the real question. IF he is better than EDU, Thomson -- or even Big Lee.. why is he playing in the backwater of Dundee?

Just cause a guy has a few good games at that level - does not make him a Rangers player. And being prepared to part with Mo, KT, or even Big Lee -- is baffling.

There's a million reasons why he's not a Rangers player just now, but his ability isn't one.

I hate it when people hit out with that shite. Essentially you are saying that any player who isn't lucky enough to start off at an Old Firm club isn't good enough?

While I wouldn't lose Edu or Thomson for him, Gomis has bossed enough games against us and the papes in the past to confirm he's a talented player.

Seen Morgaro Gomis play much?

Where did Kris Boyd, Steven Whittaker, Kenny Miller, Kevin Thomson, Lee McCulloch... all start off.

How many players have we signed from SPL/Scottish Premier League sides over the years/decades... !!!

I must agree I would rather have comis than eny of the other 3 guys we have at the moment, watched him tonight n he controlled the game.

is he better than mendes who never quite done it apart from that goal.

Mendes never quite done it? :blink:

Where did you read that?

I must agree I would rather have comis than eny of the other 3 guys we have at the moment, watched him tonight n he controlled the game.

Where did you read that?

watched it.

Where did you read that?

watched it.

I don't think we saw him fit once before his move to Lisbon this year, but he was probably our most consistent player last term.

The only player in the side on the same wavelength as Steven Davis.

Where did you read that?

watched it.

I don't think we saw him fit once before his move to Lisbon this year, but he was probably our most consistent player last term.

had a good pre season and was good the first few weeks, then he got the red card vs killie in which both werent bookings IMO, And then never seen him from then on realy

Where did you read that?

watched it.

you dont let your best players go unless its megabucks ,hutton ,cuellar etc.mendes was nothing out of the ordinary .there was no outcry when he was sold.i think that says it all.

I reckon he's a better midfielder than all of our current players in that position bar Davis. Still think improving other positions should be the priority.

As do I - a RB, LB, CB, R and LM/W and ST before a CM.

People have been mentioning James McArthur after one good game against Rangers and celtc, and that we should sign him. He couldn't look at Gomis!

Edu may make the World Cup squad, and someone may make a bid. We may recieve offers for McCulloch, and the same goes for Thomson who is out of contract next summer. I would swap anyone of those players, and I rate Edu and McCulloch, for Gomis, who IMO, is a more complete, and better all round footballer.

I reckon he's a better midfielder than all of our current players in that position bar Davis. Still think improving other positions should be the priority.

As do I - a RB, LB, CB, R and LM/W and ST before a CM.

People have been mentioning James McArthur after one good game against Rangers and celtc, and that we should sign him. He couldn't look at Gomis!

Edu may make the World Cup squad, and someone may make a bid. We may recieve offers for McCulloch, and the same goes for Thomson who is out of contract next summer. I would swap anyone of those players, and I rate Edu and McCulloch, for Gomis, who IMO, is a more complete, and better all round footballer.

but you know that walter wont accept any if they do come in Muff

Where did you read that?

watched it.

you dont let your best players go unless its megabucks ,hutton ,cuellar etc.mendes was nothing out of the ordinary .there was no outcry when he was sold.i think that says it all.

Mendes went because we had plenty options and because he was probably going to spend most of the time on the bench as Walter Smith has to play hs blue eyed boy, no matter how shite he is. Mendes should have been in the team, when fit, before any of our central midfielders (bar Davis), and McCulloch.

He was inconsistant, but he was still one of our better players, and before Thomson's injury - the midfield pairing of Thomson, Davis and Mendes was excellent, they all complimented each other very well, and were performing well.

He also went because we could afford to lose him, and get his wages off the wage bill. £1.25m or whatever it was we got for Mendes was a joke!

Not many managers would sell a player of Mendes quality, and keep a player like McCulloch ahead of him!

Walter Smith turned down £2m from Stoke for an out-of-form McCulloch and accepted that for Mendes.

I wouldn't say that 'says it all', but it is a touch worrying. Mendes must not have told that many good jokes at training.

he was inconsistent,had injuries and wanted to go .no use to us.

Inconsistant, yes, but name a Rangers player who isn't!

Injuries, he played over 40 games in his first season, picked up a few in his second.

Wanted to go. Did he not say that he was happy, but if it was the right move for the club, then he would move on - he also wanted to finsih his career in Portugal.

Just a damn good footballer, who was inconsistant, who alway's gave his all, never had a bad word to say, and was a cracking guy who appreciated the opportunity he got.

Maybe not suited to Scottish football - he's now playing well in a better league, a league and team more suited to him.

By the way, inconsistant, and injuries, you could be talking about a few Rangers players!

he was inconsistent,had injuries and wanted to go .no use to us.

Inconsistant, yes, but name a Rangers player who isn't!

Injuries, he played over 40 games in his first season, picked up a few in his second.

Wanted to go. Did he not say that he was happy, but if it was the right move for the club, then he would move on - he also wanted to finsih his career in Portugal.

Just a damn good footballer, who was inconsistant, who alway's gave his all, never had a bad word to say, and was a cracking guy who appreciated the opportunity he got.

Maybe not suited to Scottish football - he's now playing well in a better league, a league and team more suited to him.

By the way, inconsistant, and injuries, you could be talking about a few Rangers players!

i just expected better,

There's a million reasons why he's not a Rangers player just now, but his ability isn't one.

I hate it when people hit out with that shite. Essentially you are saying that any player who isn't lucky enough to start off at an Old Firm club isn't good enough?

While I wouldn't lose Edu or Thomson for him, Gomis has bossed enough games against us and the papes in the past to confirm he's a talented player.

to be fair papa, theres not many midfields in the SPL that cannot say in the past year, ESPECIALLY this season, they havent dominated us or the beggars in the midfield battle

apart from that run in decemeber, our midfield central pairing have been poor, as for the beggars...............

gomis wasnt seen in either of the 3-0 or the 7-1 games back when we were playing well, and our midfield actually played like a midfield

however, i would rather have him than mcculloch, purely for his athleticism, he reminds me of edu, only gomis knows the scottish game a bit more

As I said, I reckon he's better than Edu, Thomson and McCulloch, and would take him here if the price was right/we sold one of the aforementioned three players, but I still think bringing in a quality winger, whether it be from Murray Park or outside the club, is the priority, as well as tying up Wilson on a new deal, as that will soften the blow of Bougherra's inevitable departure.