Morgaro Gomis

Muff

Hes been linked with rangers since about two year ago but looks a decent player at UTDs level but if he was that good whys he still at Scumdee ?

And therein lies the real question. IF he is better than EDU, Thomson -- or even Big Lee.. why is he playing in the backwater of Dundee?

Just cause a guy has a few good games at that level - does not make him a Rangers player. And being prepared to part with Mo, KT, or even Big Lee -- is baffling.

He'll never play for The Rangers.

There's a million reasons why he's not a Rangers player just now, but his ability isn't one.

I hate it when people hit out with that shite. Essentially you are saying that any player who isn't lucky enough to start off at an Old Firm club isn't good enough?

While I wouldn't lose Edu or Thomson for him, Gomis has bossed enough games against us and the papes in the past to confirm he's a talented player.

to be fair papa, theres not many midfields in the SPL that cannot say in the past year, ESPECIALLY this season, they havent dominated us or the beggars in the midfield battle

apart from that run in decemeber, our midfield central pairing have been poor, as for the beggars...............

gomis wasnt seen in either of the 3-0 or the 7-1 games back when we were playing well, and our midfield actually played like a midfield

however, i would rather have him than mcculloch, purely for his athleticism, he reminds me of edu, only gomis knows the scottish game a bit more

He had a good half in the postponed game. He was the only midfielder, and Dundee United player bar Conway who turned up in the 3-0 game. He, like the rest of the team were poor at Ibrox, although they did have a good spell.

He had a great game the other week at Tannadice before going off.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's done more in one game against us than James McArthur has in his whole career against Rangers, and some are spunking their panties over him... but hey, McArthur is a 'Rangers man' ;)

He's done more in one game against us than James McArthur has in his whole career against Rangers, and some are spunking their panties over him... but hey, McArthur is a 'Rangers man' ;)

Haha i get what you mean here Muff, its like novo is a rangers man but his ability is awful most times but he should be kept because he has a tattoo of 5 stars. But on the other hand Lafferty shouldnt be kept here even though hes a rangers fan. Now im not trying to stick up for lafferty but i hate it when people fling around the phrase "a rangers man" or "plays for the jersey". It should go by how good someones' Ability and what he gives on the park.

A few said McArthur should be signed as he know's what it means to play for Rangers. Nacho Novo know's what it means, but he is a limited footballer who has contributed greatly on occassions - you wouldn't have him starting each week because he is not good enough.

i dont want mcarthur anywhere near rangers muff, he's a thomson with less ability

i happen to believe we'd have a decent midfield, if they didnt have to cover weirs lacks of pace

i dont want mcarthur anywhere near rangers muff, he's a thomson with less ability

i happen to believe we'd have a decent midfield, if they didnt have to cover weirs lacks of pace

I'm on about others in general.

We'd have a decent midfield if we had two wide players, Davis in the middle, and Lee McCulloch sold!

I'm on about others in general.

We'd have a decent midfield if we had two wide players, Davis in the middle, and Lee McCulloch sold!

funnily enough, mcculloch had his best spell this season playing alongside davis ;)

we just cannot play with 2 defensive mids, they get in each others way and cant decide between them what one steps up first to close down the guy strolling into our half

Ive never seen Gomis play to the level Mcarthur did at the weekend

I wouldn't have expected you to.

Because he hasnt?

On more than the one occassion that McArthur has... but, opinions are like arseholes!

What's everybody opinion on Sol Bamba?

Not very good.

The last time we played Hibs at Easter Road I could've sworn that they swapped their Goalie and centre-half around at half time

When we have played well against Dundee UTD, where has Gomis been? Nowhere. All the proof I need that he can't step up to our level.

IF he's as good as Muff says, then he should at least still have a presence in matches like that. He hasn't.

When we have played well against Dundee UTD, where has Gomis been? Nowhere. All the proof I need that he can't step up to our level.

IF he's as good as Muff says, then he should at least still have a presence in matches like that. He hasn't.

Did you watch the cup replay game, the 1-0 postponement game, the 3-3, 2-2, 2-0 games last season, the ones in the previous season. Then in the in the 1-1 draw with celtc, the 2-1 against them, even the 1-0 defeat at celtc park...

Must be hard watching games in Canada, on an internet stream!!!!!

Did you watch the cup replay game, the 1-0 postponement game, the 3-3, 2-2, 2-0 games last season, the ones in the previous season. Then in the in the 1-1 draw with celtc, the 2-1 against them, even the 1-0 defeat at celtc park...

Must be hard watching games in Canada, on an internet stream!!!!!

Yes, I watched them all.. and it's so easy to do.. even you could do it. Not so sure why you want to take a shot at watching games from Canada -- 'even' on Internet streams. Anyway.. whatever...

But back to the point. He's a good player.. yes.. but has never struck me when has has played against us as someone I would let Lee, Kevin or Mo go for?

Not sure how many on here would let KT go for Gomis? Edu for Gomis? Big Lee? Doubtful.. He is a leader -- and we need character players as well...

He will never play for The Rangers Muff.. just accept it. Are you his agent in disguise?

Agree with you Muff that he would be a very good signing, he's been Uniteds unsung hero for that past few seasons. I would get rid of McCulloch for him, as for Edu and Thomson probably not.

Kingston I'm not sure about, see how he does if at WC. As for Bamba he is good enough for Rangers on his day, but he is far too inconsistent. I doubt either would be popular signings amongst the fans.

I must agree I would rather have comis than eny of the other 3 guys we have at the moment, watched him tonight n he controlled the game.

is he better than mendes who never quite done it apart from that goal.

Never fancied mendes myself, thought he was very overrated because of his goal vs the SCUM