On the phone to Ellis again..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read on another site that a certain Northampton Bhoy is feeding Northampton loyal some inside info (pretending to be someone he isn't) and their having a good giggle.Who is kidding who,or is nobody kidding anybody???...getting a bit complicated for me.

he can do what he likes with the ground around ibrox

just dont touch the stadium

He could change the name to anything he wanted as long as it brought in 10-15 mill extra revenue that went straight on the team for me.

If there phone calls/texts are genuine then all i can say is that in my limited experience dealing with wealthy, english, property developing businessmen (any business-minded people really) they are generally very good at telling you exactly what you want to hear and ultimately looking out for solely their own interests. This man isn't a fan of the club and therefore has no emotional attachment to the club. This means that there would only be reason for him to take over the club should there be serious money to be made, unless of course he simply wants to enjoy the stature of owning a major football club.

Walter Smith spoke in his press conference on Tuesday about what i've been trying to stress for months - that although our debt is much larger that we'd like it to be, it is manageable. There are other clubs around the globe with much higher levels of debt than us, with not a lot being said of it. I personally believe that Sir David Murray has done the right thing in holding out this long to find a buyer who has genuine interests in Rangers Football Club and wouldn't want us to be rushed into anything because of what is, at it's core, a media frenzy.

However, should Andrew Ellis ultimately be chosen as the appropriate man to take our club forward then we can be rest assured that Sir David Murray has genuine belief in his intentions. And, should this be the case, i shall cast all doubts aside and get behind him 100% - as any other fan of the club should.

Nothing really new then but while some may find it strange that he's conversing so candidly with someone he's never met, I think it is quite positive that he seems eager enough to talk in general terms about the bid.

Unfortunately, without something more concrete, talk is cheap so we all need to wait and see before we can really make up our minds on what he has to offer. However, the fact he's spent a decent amount of money already on this project suggests he's serious and the club are interested in what he has to say.

I look forward to hearing more and I think N_L for having the front to contact the guy and ask the questions the rest of us have.

It's slow, frustrating progress but we're getting there... :)

why would he answer calls from somebody he doesnt know, or give out information for that matter...?????

(tu)

IF true, extremely naive to say the least. Cant really see how Chick Young missed out on yet another scoop...

Thanks for the update NL. (tu)

It is for each of us to decide for themselves what credence we give to the OP. FWIW, I believe this conversation (like the preceding two) did happen and that all of us on RM should be grateful to NL for taking the time to share this information with us. Those that posted facetious comments, while understandable, are IMO mistaken.

Having met and dealt with N_L in the past, I would back up Boss's post and also say that I have no doubt as to the truthfulness of N_L's post.

I would also vouch that he is definitely a bear and it's a shame that some would question that without the least bit of evidence.

Even if the conversation did happen do we really know it was ellis on the other end of the call?

We'll all just have to wait and see what happens but genuine verifyable info seems to be thin on the ground

I'll reserve judgement til I see something concrete. There is also supposed to be a North American consortium interested but are waiting for the right moment. One plan to raise a wee bit of capital is to have the Govan Stand sponsored.

Is that the same consortium you were talking about 5/6 months ago? :sherlock:

Yes and another one that is waiting in the wings. :sherlock:

To be honest maybe he is sounding like the right man for the take over then. As long as he holds to not moving or changing Ibrox I have no problems with him as long as he has enough money.

If this Ellis chap really is calling unknowns on their mobiles then I don't think he should be anywhere near the fckn club!!

I was just of the phone from Ellis there myself :rolleyes: , he said tell that Northampton boy to stop telling yarns. :lol:

That Ellis guy phoned me the other night when I was in bed with Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston, it was just after Joe Calzaghe had delivered us some coke, he says NL's, (from Aberdeen), other name is pinnochio.

That Ellis guy phoned me the other night when I was in bed with Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston, it was just after Joe Calzaghe had delivered us some coke, he says NL's, (from Aberdeen), other name is pinnochio.

That bitch Jolie said she widnae cheat oan me again!! :lol:

:lol:

That Joe Calzaghe selling Coca Cola still. :wink:

Just can't get my head round that Ellis, who is trying to buy Rangers and with all the rules surrounding a takeover, is talking to and texting some random guy who is then telling everyone on open internet forums <cr>

If true Ellis is not the guy to takeover the Club, but I suspect it aint true at all. :sherlock: