Alas! no love for Lee

polar bear

I'm certainly not complaining GCL. For far too long we have been pushed around and bullied, so it's about time we returned the favour :pipe:

Lee has defianetly done a job this season, but he hasn't been as outstanding as some make out.

Long term I would like to see Edu or Thomson in there, mainly because they are so much younger than him and they have more time to improve and become better players.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certainly not complaining GCL. For far too long we have been pushed around and bullied, so it's about time we returned the favour :pipe:

Lee has defianetly done a job this season, but he hasn't been as outstanding as some make out.

Long term I would like to see Edu or Thomson in there, mainly because they are so much younger than him and they have more time to improve and become better players.

I would agree with all of that. I see he is included in the POTY thinking, I would disagree with that but he has improved and contributed far more than some poeple will give him credit for. He was so disliked on here that some people now refuse to give him credit for what he has done well and the ones who stuck up for him are now overstating his contribution.

As ever somewhere in between is more like it.

I have no problem with McCulloch getting stuck in.

I do have a problem with people that use it as a stick to beat Thomson with.

Makes you wonder if Mcculloch or Thomson went elbow first right into a celtic player 1 minute into an old firm game (ala robson), would he get sent off?

Lets just pretend if it was any other ref other than Craig Thomson of course...

When was the last time Lee McCulloch had a good game, because it wasn't last night!

Hearts away, and before that the celtc game when he went off injured, and when Edu came on, we looked a more organised, and better side.

Two good games since the end of February... others have been dropped for having a bad 40 minutes... say's it all. He's the new Barry Ferguson, he can do not wrong in some people's eyes, the managers especially.

He had a great December, along with a few good games here and there, and that's about it. Some say Maurice Edu is some sort of hero, legend, for his goal against celtc, well Lee McCulloch is exactly the same. POTY, future captain, my arse. Far more consistant players in the squad who have had a better season.

Kris Boyd get's blamed for our poor play, I'd suggest that Lee McCulloch playing in the middle of the park is a bigger reason.

Gotta love Big Lee :D

Don't notice him until about 15 minutes in when he puts someone about 10 feet in the air then moans when they get a foul :D

Monna Super Lee! :D