1991, Rangers v Aberdeen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPDsrgHBR0

1990/91 Title decider, those who were there will never forget how Ibrox rocked, we were the '12th man' that day.

Later that same year Aberdeen returned to Ibrox and beat us. And that was the last time they won at Ibrox.

Their 'greatest rivals', they haven't come here and beaten us in almost a generation.

Young Danny Wilson hadn't even been born.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPDsrgHBR0

1990/91 Title decider, those who were there will never forget how Ibrox rocked, we were the '12th man' that day.

Later that same year Aberdeen returned to Ibrox and beat us. And that was the last time they won at Ibrox.

Their 'greatest rivals', they haven't come here and beaten us in almost a generation.

Amazing when it is put like that!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7nPDsrgHBR0

I was at the game they beat us 2-0 - their away support filled the bottom of the broomie....how times have changed

Big Mark :praise:

I remember another game when Aberdeen totally fucked humped us at Pittodrie. We fucked up a free kick, straight into their wall, but it came back out and a lovely back post cross found Hateley for an absolutely superb header by Snelders.

Andy Goram was outstanding that night, he must have sent Eoin Jess home greetin'!

That Brian Grant who scored for the sheep was my football coach at Primary school, his son goes to my school as well :lol:

Brian Grant could play.

A titanic tussle against the Dandy Dons I recall fondly from the same time period, was the League Cup quarter final. At Ibrox on a Wednesday evening, it finished 1-1 after ninety minutes, extra time saw a stunning left foot volley from the edge of the box by Ian Ferguson settle the issue. The Stadium rocked that evening, it was a realisation that we had reached the tipping point against Aberdeen.

Fellow RMers, let me take you back to early February 1976.

We are going for two in the row in the League and the Dandy Dons are next up at Ibrox. We need the points after the previous week's hard fought 1-1 draw at Dens Park. The draw for the Scottish Cup fourth round has also paired us with Aberdeen for the following Saturday at the Stadium. A double header in successive Saturdays with huge significance.

The previous season had also seen us paired with Aberdeen in the same round of the cup, a 1-1 draw at Pittodrie meant a midweek replay at Ibrox. A huge crowd of 60,000 plus turned up to see Rangers replete in a magnificent all white strip lose 1-2 to a late Arthur Graham header.

It was clear the 7th and 14th of February'76 was the tipping point of the season. The added fizz to both games was Aberdeen's previous week's managerial change, Jimmy Bonthrone had stepped down in favour of the garrulous Ally McLeod from Ayr United. Over the previous few seasons, we had found it tough against the Honest Men, one all draws, the occasional two-one victories, and a couple of three-nil hidings. Ally began with a bang at Pittodrie, the league fixture was of no great significance to them, the main concern was the St Valentine's Scottish Cup tie. Further, Ally announced that Aberdeen would travel to Ibrox for the tie by aeroplane. A local wealthy benefactor had funded their stylish travel arrangements.

The league fixture was stuffy, however we managed a two goal lead and Aberdeen's late strike was a true consolation. Martin Henderson and wee Doddy had notched for us and the Aberdeen travelling support was the smallest I had seen at Ibrox. The week in between, McLeod kept up the hype, he had devised a secret opening gambit to the Scottish Cup game, based on what he had learned from the league fixture. Unusually, Jock Wallace kept his own counsul.

St Valentine's day dawned and an estimated eight thousand Dandy Dons travelled the 150 miles. Aberdeen won the toss in front of a 50,000plus crowd, and they chose to kick-off. The secret plan was revealed, seven Aberdeen players lined up on the centre line on the Centenary Stand side of the pitch. As centre was taken, the ball was floated to the corner of our eighteen yard box and we watched as the red tide charged towards the Rangers goal, they won a throw-in. Again, we achieved a two-nil lead through big DJ and wee Doddy, and again Aberdeen pulled one back. The opening period of the second half saw the game see-saw but Aberdeen were doing most of the pressing and the sea of red and white on ra Sellik end terracing was getting most agitated.

The agitated sheep got a great view of what happened next, an Aberdenn attack broke down on our eighteen yard line and wee Doddy passed to Calamero, who sent Parlane off and running from the half way line. Derek evaded two tackles, but was pushed wide. As he bore in on goal, another two Aberdeen defenders were either side of him, he let go a rasping shot from the edge of the box, we were up celebrating. The keeper got a hand to it, and the ball bounced back out past the six yard line; however, Derek had kept the run going and smashed the rebound high into the net. Parlane waved his arms at the sheep, we gave them the vicky, both hands.

Martin Henderson added a fourth for good measure and Ally led his defeated(two weeks in a row) Dandies back up the road by bus.

My highlight and I suspect the tipping point in a treble winning season.

Big Mark :praise:

I remember another game when Aberdeen totally fucked humped us at Pittodrie. We fucked up a free kick, straight into their wall, but it came back out and a lovely back post cross found Hateley for an absolutely superb header by Snelders.

Andy Goram was outstanding that night, he must have sent Eoin Jess home greetin'!

he saved one with his arse that night im sure