Batman Arkham Asylum Game of The Year Edition

j1mgg

• 2 weeks later...

I started this game again last night.

Forgot how good it actually is.

Great game.

Looking forward to the 2nd part, seemingly Two-Face to make an appearance.

Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy has let slip that Two-Face Harvey Dent will be a villain in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.

As well as accidently revealing Two-Face’s involvement, Conroy who also voiced the Caped Crusader in the Saturday morning cartoon series, promised that Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 would be even darker than the original game.

I don't even particularly like Batman really, but Arkham Asylum was good enough to almost change my mind. One of those rare games that really is a complete credit to the source material.

Excellent stuff.

Any idea when it's due out? There was talk that it would be this summer, but I think that's b/s

Not looking good.

A retail source has indicated that Warner Bros will delay Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 until next year.

"We've been told that Warner has acted early to avoid releasing the game into a heavily congested pre-Christmas market," the source told CVG.

"It wants to dominate the first quarter of 2011 instead, when it can get maximum retail space and mindshare amongst gamers."

When asked about the decision, Warner Bros said: "We haven't announced a release date for the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum yet."

Asylum 2's release date until 2011.

The news will come as a blow to fans of the BAFTA-winning original Arkham Asylum, with many gamers anticipating a pre-Christmas release.

The first title was hugely popular - and spawned a 3D Game Of The Year edition, which was released last month.

Since then, Warner Bros has bought a controlling stake in developer Rocksteady - and will publish the sequel.

"We've been told that Warner has acted early to avoid releasing the game into a heavily congested pre-Christmas market," our source told CVG. "It wants to dominate the first quarter of 2011 instead, when it can get maximum retail space and mindshare amongst gamers."

Annoying, yes: But it's a tactic which has worked very nicely for the likes of God Of War 3 and Heavy Rain this year.

When we enquired about the decision, a Warner rep told CVG: "We haven't announced a release date for the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum yet."

So not a confirmation, but not a denial either. We expect more at E3.

One thing we can be very certain of, however, is that all-new DLC set to be created for Batman at Rocksteady - revealed by job ads yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling with the Poison Ivy boss.

I just keep getting over run by the gaurds

personally i found that the most difficult area of the game.

defo my goty, i coundn't put it down, i even solved all the riddles, with a little help of coarse. ;)