Villa lining up a move for Sessegnon According To French Press

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is lining up a move for Stephane Sessegnon, according to the French press.

The Paris Saint-Germain playmaker is said to be a major target for the Midlands club in the summer transfer window.

Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool have all been linked with a move for the Benin international in the past.

The Blues reportedly offered 14million euros for his signature last season, which was rejected by the Parisian side.

Carlo Ancelotti appears to have withdrawn his interest but there is still a chance Sessegnon could switch to the Premier League.

No comment

Despite speculation, the talented playmaker has refused to comment on his future, but has admitted to being frustrated in a disappointing campaign to date.

"The season has been difficult for me as it has for everyone at the club," he told French magazine Le Foot Hebdo.

"My future? There are some matches remaining, Le Championnat is not over.

"We will take stock at the end of the season."

Sessegnon has made 24 appearances for PSG this term, scoring three goals in the process.

i thought he looked a very class act against us in the Emirates cup during pre-season.

He certainly needs a move away from PSG, they are awful - seen him play a few times this season in Ligue 1, and he's been a stand out in the majority of games.