I rushed Boyd back

Muff

WALTER SMITH has revealed that he rushed Kris Boyd back into the action to solve a goal-scoring problem when he should have given him more time to fully recover after surgery.

Boyd was benched last night as Rangers racked up a vital 3-1 win over Aberdeen to take them another huge step towards the title.

He had not scored for six matches and Smith decided to leave him out but accepts part of the blame for his drop in form.

He said: "I think overall when I look back I maybe brought him back into the side too soon.

"He had a double hernia operation in January and we struggled to get goals at the time, although we lost quite a few of our forwards at the same time.

"Immediately he was fit we brought him back into the team again and with hindsight we should have given him a little bit of time to get back into the swing of things.

"So we have a gap now of about a week which will give everyone a chance to settle down and when we come back hopefully he will return to the form he was showing before the surgery."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100408/smith-i-rushed-boyd-back_2254024_2018692

Walter Smith has a habit of doing this.

Or is he saying this knowing full well that Boyd is off in the summer and he is using this as an excuse to drop him?

Tell us whats going on Walter? PLEASE!

OK now yove told us I dont believe you!!

Why not takes what he says at face value instead of looking for something else! wacko.gif

Or is he saying this knowing full well that Boyd is off in the summer and he is using this as an excuse to drop him?

Why not takes what he says at face value instead of looking for something else! wacko.gif

It's called thinking outside the box!

It's called thinking outside the box!

:lol: You do sound a little paranoid mate. It makes sense he has been playing non stop since he cam back from injury he should have been rested.

quite self explanitary there, boyd WAS back quick from his op and it may be a plausable explanation for his lack of goals and movement and i think most may have forgotten about the op with comments of late, hope he can have a rest and come back to help us over the finish line, for anyone wanting clarity of the situation i thought it was quite clear, there is an offer there so i dont believe the thoeries that summit must be going on or someone must be pulling the wool over our eyes thinking hes for the off so wont be played