Erskine collection

Hearts today learnt from Erskine that a magnificent £1850 was raised from the recent collection before the recent Clydesdale Bank Premier League home game against Rangers.

Another "Erskine Day", solders from the 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland and 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland attended the game, supporting both teams.

Players wore Erskine t-shirts in the warm-up, whilst soldiers and Hearts volunteers collected for the ex-service men and women's charity before the game.

Speaking today Erskine chief executive Jim Panton said: "I would like to thank everyone who has donated to our cause during the Erskine day event and to Hearts for organising it.

"This is a significant sum of money that will help us provide the highest standards of care for our veterans.

"This would not have been possible without the help of the soldiers and Hearts volunteers that took part and I can assure them that they have enabled us to change the lives of the ex-Service men and women in our Homes throughout Scotland."

That is fantastic. I worked on the new Erskine centre in Edinburgh when I worked with Brookfield. They really do a fantastic job there it is a real wake up call seeing some of the soldiers they treat there. I used to think that veterans were all a lot older but a lot of them are just kids that have suffered horrific injuries.

My father, a life long Rangers fan, spent 12 years in Erskine Hospital, after a massive stroke, before he died in 2006.

The care he received from the staff and visitors was second to none, nothing was too much bother for them. I,always,like the great majority of supporters, contribute when there is a collection. It is a great institution which looks after all generations.

I'd just like to say thanks to all you people out there who have donated, doesn't matter if it 1p or £10 it all helps keep that superb place going.

Excellent!

Hearts today learnt from Erskine that a magnificent £1850 was raised from the recent collection before the recent Clydesdale Bank Premier League home game against Rangers.

Another "Erskine Day", solders from the 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland and 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland attended the game, supporting both teams.

Players wore Erskine t-shirts in the warm-up, whilst soldiers and Hearts volunteers collected for the ex-service men and women's charity before the game.

Speaking today Erskine chief executive Jim Panton said: "I would like to thank everyone who has donated to our cause during the Erskine day event and to Hearts for organising it.

"This is a significant sum of money that will help us provide the highest standards of care for our veterans.

"This would not have been possible without the help of the soldiers and Hearts volunteers that took part and I can assure them that they have enabled us to change the lives of the ex-Service men and women in our Homes throughout Scotland."

smiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gifsmiley-gen014.gif Well done for an exceptional cause.

Great cause, I put put a few quid in the tin that day myself. These places have a special place in my heart, my nan passed away in November at a similar type of care home and as said in one of the above posts the care is absolutely 2nd to none. U literally cudnt pay for the care they offer. Well done to all contributors and helpers on the day