Ronaldinho v Lionel Messi

Ronaldinho hit the headlines for much longer IMO.

Neither are a patch on Best, Pele or Maradonna....to name but a few.

Messi is better then all 3 of them at the age he is now, wonder if they were scoring 39 goals in 43 games and knocking up 10 assists each at the end of 22 :wink:

Messi is better then all 3 of them at the age he is now, wonder if they were scoring 39 goals in 43 games and knocking up 10 assists each at the end of 22 :wink:

Agree, Messi is the best player of all time, and for people who disagree wait a few years and we will see

George best had won everything by the time he was 22 in club football. Then his Utd team mates let him down and they fell away.

I'd have to say Messi. What I don't understand, is that people are saying he is not truly the greatest ever unless he wins the World Cup. Why is George Best thought of by some as the greatest player ever then?

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

When Ronaldinho won World Player of the Year, he conceded he wasn't even the best player at his club, referring to Messi :praise:

I will be totally honest, I was never a big fan of Ronaldinho in his prime. Yes he had all the talent in the world, but his work rate and off the ball attributes annoyed me alot.

For me Messi is in a different planet from Ronaldinho.

I will be totally honest, I was never a big fan of Ronaldinho in his prime. Yes he had all the talent in the world, but his work rate and off the ball attributes annoyed me alot.

For me Messi is in a different planet from Ronaldinho.

What you said there makes it clear who i thinks better personally... it has to be Messi for me, if he loses the ball (which isn't often) he runs so far back to get it, against Arsenal he ran all the way back to his own box to get the ball, watching ronaldinho against Man U he hardly even went back into his own half when they didn't have the ball he just waits till the ball is played to him then he does his stuff.

I completely went off Ronaldinho when Barca faced celtc in the CL. He completely shit himself when Bobo Balde got near him an he never touched the ball after that. Would Messi do that though?

Although I watched Barcelona in La Liga just so I could see Ronaldinho. Not many players score a hat trick against their fiercest rivals and get applauded off the pitch. That was special!