Is Steven Davis a better player...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of high praise for Steven Davis and rightly so, but is he better than Barry Ferguson was for us in his prime?.

I'm undecided to be honest.

No where near in my opinion. Davis is still far too inconsistant to be considered in the same bracket as Barry in his prime.

A lot of high praise for Steven Davis and rightly so, but is he better than Barry Ferguson was for us in his prime?.

Davis is a good player but nowhere near as good as Ferguson was in his prime!!

Better.

Ferguson was in a Rangers squad with the likes of Gio, Albertz, de Boer, Kanchelskis etc. playing alongside him. Most players would of been enhanced by that.

Davis seems equally as talented as Barry, despite playing alongside the likes of McCulloch and co. :sherlock:

Difficult one i agree. Barry in his prime was different class although he was playing with better players around him. Would love to see Davis with the same calibre of players. I'm sure his game would go up a notch or two. Barry for me but only just.

I'm sorry but this simply underlines how our standards have fallen. Davis is arguably our best player just now but he's behind Ferguson today far less when he was in his prime.

Not even close.

Fergie, in his prime, could have potentially played in any team in the world.

As much as I like Davis, and he could become an even better player, he's got a long way to go before being considered to be as good as fergie.

Better.

Ferguson was in a Rangers squad with the likes of Gio, Albertz, de Boer, Kanchelskis etc. playing alongside him. Most players would of been enhanced by that.

Davis seems equally as talented as Barry, despite playing alongside the likes of McCulloch and co. :sherlock:

Doesn't this show how good Barry was in his prime? he played along side some fantastic players, yet still stood out and never looked out of place, Davis stands out in a team of less ability, although i wouldn't compare the 2 anyway

This is really the first season that Davis has put it all together. Obviously he had several very good performances when he was on loan, and last season, but this year I can only think of a handful of games where he hasn't been one of our 2-3 best players. It's also harder for me to accurately gauge the two players because Barry had so much more European experience.

This is really the first season that Davis has put it all together. Obviously he had several very good performances when he was on loan, and last season, but this year I can only think of a handful of games where he hasn't been one of our 2-3 best players. It's also harder for me to accurately gauge the two players because Barry had so much more European experience.

You could arguably turn that around by saying out of the 2, Davis has performed better at International level though.

It's a tough call, and I'm undecided between the two players to be honest.

Davis is a good player but nowhere near as good as Ferguson was in his prime!!

sums it up for me