Is Steven Davis a better player...

From DB:

"Was he in the top 10 Midfielders of his generation"

Yes he was. To say he wasn't is sheer denial.

BAZ has run rings around the World Champs (Italy) Bossed Euro matches when we shouldn't have been on the park. Is tough -- played with injuries for us... and any player that has played with him says..

"He will demand the ball against any team in the world, anywhere in the world -- and he will use it."

ok... so Baz is well past it.. how come he is getting MOTM awards down south now? -- in the BEST league in the world?

But you and Muff have an agenda v Barry.. It's clear. But, it's not a problem for me.

btw Muff. Check out the Dundee UTD vid posted yesterday. Who did Davis skin for the 1st Gers goal? Yup. Your hero.. Morgaro Gomes. :lol:

AYE .. let's sell EDU, Big Lee and KT to finance the massive move for your hero Gomes. I love this stuff. I do.

Thank f*ck Walter is in charge. Oh yeah.. Another you slagged off big style Muff. Your apology list is getting a wee bit long now methinks. Football Professor? ffs! :lol:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First line, shite, doesn't wash!

Second line; your clearly blind. So Davis skinned Gomis, yep he's shit :rolleyes: Just shows you up as a clown for posting that (tu) Robert Harris of QotS skinned Bougherra earlier on in the season, I guess Bougherra is shite :unsure:

Gomis my hero, hardly, I sugested him once in a thread the other night.

Slagged Walter Smith off, and rightly so - you've never slagged anyone off tho, I very much doubt that.

Yet again because you are so fcuking thick I will say it again just for you - Ralf Rangnick - the football professor.

Understand????

As for the apology list, WTF? I've made two threads, one on Boyd and the other on Walter Smith. If you had read them properly instead of bumping your gums, you would have understood. I dont apologies for anything I have said re those two.

From DB:

"Was he in the top 10 Midfielders of his generation"

Yes he was. To say he wasn't is sheer denial.

BAZ has run rings around the World Champs (Italy) Bossed Euro matches when we shouldn't have been on the park. Is tough -- played with injuries for us... and any player that has played with him says..

"He will demand the ball against any team in the world, anywhere in the world -- and he will use it."

ok... so Baz is well past it.. how come he is getting MOTM awards down south now? -- in the BEST league in the world?

But you and Muff have an agenda v Barry.. It's clear. But, it's not a problem for me.

Graeme Alexander picks up MOTM in the so called greatest league in the world. I take it he's up there with Ferguson in the Worldclass bracket too?

I have no agenda against Barry Ferguson, but if you want to try and paint that picture to try and elevate Barry Ferguson as "Worldclass" then so be it :lol:

As I've already said nobody is denying he had some very good performances for us, but saying he was in the top 10 Midfielders of his generation and Worldclass. Is where me and you must see football in general differently respectfully :cheers:

No-one in this thread has even dissed Barry Ferguson's ability, so where is the agenda? Is it because we don't agree with your, 'Barry Ferguson was world class - top 10 players in his position for his generation'... ?

I'll ask you this. How many European and World 11's was Barry Ferguson selected in. How many times was he nominated for European and World footballer of the Year... ?

Please do tell me.

Zidane, Davids, Ballack, Lampard, Gerrard, van Bommel, Makelele, Keane, Scholes, Veron, Rui Costa, Viera, Luis Enrique, Effenberg, Mendieta, Simeone, Nedved, Deco, Senna, Matthaus, Redondo, Schneider, Aimar, Riquelme... there are 24 off the top of my head.

I would also like to add that I have watched Barry Ferguson perform in the EPL this season and I don't see what everyone is raving about.

He doesn't tackle and he rarely ventures over the half way line. When he gets the ball, he plays it simple (More often to the side of backwards). He often takes the ball from the back 4, but very few teams press him him up the park, so he has a lot of time to pick a simple pass.

Most midfielders in the EPL can do that, but the world class players like Fabregas, Lampard and Gerrard take the ball in the opposing half, play through balls and make things happen.

Davis offers a lot more overall his best years are ahead of him

Barry Ferguson believed the bullshit Advocaat fed him and that carried him so far but was found out in the end no way world class

Great players get better as time goes bye i expect davis to do this

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

According to Dick Advocaat,Barry was as good as any mid-fielder(of his time) in the world,and I for one,

whole heartedly agree with him.You guy's don't realize what the extraordinary talent Barry really was. :(

He wasn't as good as Scholes, Keane, Riquelme, Mendieta, Gerrard, van Bommel, Ballack, Veron, Nedved...

Totally disagree Muff,Barry carried some pretty ordinary Ranger teams on his back.I'd say Keane is probably the

only one on your list that could have done the same.

You know Muff,I've sat in lunch rooms,with football fanatical work mates from all over the world,and honestly,Barry Ferguson was more revered than Lampard,Gerrard,Scholes etc.

How the fuck did Ballack ever get on your list? <cr>

:

Ferguson was better than Riquelme and all the aforementioned players? I've heard it all now :anguish::lol:

I would also like to add that I have watched Barry Ferguson perform in the EPL this season and I don't see what everyone is raving about.

He doesn't tackle and he rarely ventures over the half way line. When he gets the ball, he plays it simple (More often to the side of backwards). He often takes the ball from the back 4, but very few teams press him him up the park, so he has a lot of time to pick a simple pass.

Most midfielders in the EPL can do that, but the world class players like Fabregas, Lampard and Gerrard take the ball in the opposing half, play through balls and make things happen.

Jeezo.

You are too sensible for this thread. Stop telling the truth, the wee Barry-ites won't be able to handle it.

According to Dick Advocaat,Barry was as good as any mid-fielder(of his time) in the world,and I for one,

whole heartedly agree with him.You guy's don't realize what the extraordinary talent Barry really was. :(

He wasn't as good as Scholes, Keane, Riquelme, Mendieta, Gerrard, van Bommel, Ballack, Veron, Nedved...

Totally disagree Muff,Barry carried some pretty ordinary Ranger teams on his back.I'd say Keane is probably the

only one on your list that could have done the same.

You know Muff,I've sat in lunch rooms,with football fanatical work mates from all over the world,and honestly,Barry Ferguson was more revered than Lampard,Gerrard,Scholes etc.

How the fuck did Ballack ever get on your list? <cr>

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shut up, you're killing me here :lol:

Davis is much better.

The further Ferguson gets from Ibrox, the better he seems to have became. He wasn't that good, even in his 'prime'.

Thank fuck he is gone. Good riddance.

Davis is much better.

The further Ferguson gets from Ibrox, the better he seems to have became. He wasn't that good, even in his 'prime'.

No no.

He was better than Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Ballack, Riquelme etc....

:rolleyes:

Davis is much better.

No no.

Only at boozing and passing the ball three foot back.

Which is, in itself, a skill if you do it simultaneously.

Davis is much better.

No no.

Only at boozing and passing the ball three foot back.

Which is, in itself, a skill if you do it simultaneously.

:lol:

Barry Ferguson was capable of world class performances, but to mention him in the same breath as player of world class quality, who turned in performances better than his for years of their careers, is ridiculous!

Ferguson was awesome in a piss-poor SPL in 2002/2003. He was a very good player in 01/02, and was average in many of his other seasons.

How someone can say he was in the top 10 midfielders in the world in that time period, when players such as Zidane, Scholl, Figo etc. performed better than him for almost a decade each in their careers. You'd be an absolute mug to mention Ferguson in the same breath as these players.

Barry Ferguson was our Mendieta, had a couple of spellbinding seasons, had a big money transfer where he never did himself justice, and now will end his career playing for sh*te sides in an inflated league.

Aye, pyur world class. Just because he once played well against Gerrard and co. does not make him a world beater, shame nobody was there to tell him that :sherlock:

Barry Ferguson was capable of world class performances, but to mention him in the same breath as player of world class quality, who turned in performances better than his for years of their careers, is ridiculous!

Ferguson was awesome in a piss-poor SPL in 2002/2003. He was a very good player in 01/02, and was average in many of his other seasons.

How someone can say he was in the top 10 midfielders in the world in that time period, when players such as Zidane, Scholl, Figo etc. performed better than him for almost a decade each in their careers. You'd be an absolute mug to mention Ferguson in the same breath as these players.

Barry Ferguson was our Mendieta, had a couple of spellbinding seasons, had a big money transfer where he never did himself justice, and now will end his career playing for sh*te sides in an inflated league.

Aye, pyur world class. Just because he once played well against Gerrard and co. does not make him a world beater, shame nobody was there to tell him that :sherlock:

Can't get any fairer than that mate.

Good comparison with Mendieta as well, even though in their relative primes, wee Barry couldn't lace the Spaniard's boots!

Jeezo.

You are too sensible for this thread. Stop telling the truth, the wee Barry-ites won't be able to handle it.

I'm sorry.

What I meant to say was "Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson!"

Jeezo.

I'm sorry.

What I meant to say was "Oh Barry Barry, Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson!"

I would trust the opinions of people who watch him week in week out down there before the opinions of people that still seem to hold daft grudges against him.

Everything I have read in the English press about Fergie has been complimentary, but I am sure you know better and they are all wrong……

A lot of rewriting of history going on in this thread, I always knew we had a lot of youngsters on this site but surely even they can remember the the last ten years ffs……anyone who claims Fergie wasn’t an outstanding player at club, European and international level isn’t really worth listening too.

If steve davis starts putting in the level of performance Fergie did in our european games then i will be over the moon.