Davie Cooper Centre fundraiser tonight

Boab

http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/news/thisweek/articles/2010/03/10/397911-murdo-mcleod-signs-up-to-pie-pint-pundit/

The other panellists were Tam Cowan and Mark Hateley and Danny McGrain with Peter Martin as the MC.

So, aye, I was there tonight. Brief highlights are that Tam said the Sun story was a lot of shite, Danny said that jinky Johnstone was the best player he'd ever played with, Murdo looked great since his heart scare while telling a story of him swapping roles and getting knocked out instead of Coisty in the WC while Marko said Coisty was the best striking partner he'd ever played with. Peter Martin (I'm sure the bitter ones will point out its 'McGuire') was a brilliant MC, very funny though looks like Peter Kay up close.

Also Walter was written to asked be on the panel however he wrote back saying he was going to spend a weekend with Ethel as we have a free weekend but he'd get somebody to cover (big Hateley). Sir Walt is some man.

Also, the Pies were great and not shite from a cash and carry as from the butcher on Kilbowie road and I ended up having 2 hot pies and 1 cold one as I left :scot: Great Pies.

Only thing the night lacked, albeit we got a few stories about Coop, was maybe a projector or screen to show some footage of Coop or even/and info of the potential centre even if we had the latter on the table.

More importantly, it was a great turn-out.

I went to this last yr, mccoist&lennon where the guests. Hugh keevins daughter had organised most of, if not all of it last yr. Was a great evening with a special cause. Hope plenty of money was raised