Rangers tried to sell Bougherra during transfer window

Rangers tried to sell Madjid Bougherra during January transfer window, says French flop Jerome Rothen

Apr 10 2010

JEROME ROTHEN claims Rangers attempted to offload star defender Madjid Bougherra during the January transfer window.

Rothen, who flopped at Ibrox after signing on loan from Paris St Germain on deadline day last summer, has also accused the debt-ridden club of forcing him out in order to save money.

The former France winger made eight appearances for Rangers, his last being October's 4-1 Champions League humiliation at the hands of Unirea Urziceni.

The 32-year-old told French magazine So Foot: "They wanted to save money. With the salary I had, they would save at least six months' worth if they moved me along.

"They moved on Pedro Mendes, who went to Sporting Lisbon.

"They also wanted Bougherra to leave, but he didn't accept. He said he wouldn't be leaving until June."

Rothen also hit out at Ibrox boss Walter Smith for freezing him out after the Unirea defeat.

"He dismissed me without saying anything," said Rothen, who is now playing for Ankaragucu in Turkey.

"I didn't open my mouth but I said to myself that it could not possibly be a sporting decision.

"Maybe the coach wanted me to rest for a while, but I started asking myself questions after three games."

Rothen knew his days were numbered when Smith started John Fleck ahead of him in November's return match against Unirea, despite Rangers suffering a raft of injuries at the time.

Rothen said: "He put a youth at 18 years old on the right. He put youths who hadn't even trained with us before on the bench along with me. I was the nanny."

http://www.dailyreco...86908-22175667/

Bitter Jerome?

Rangers tried to sell Madjid Bougherra during January transfer window, says French flop Jerome Rothen

Apr 10 2010

JEROME ROTHEN claims Rangers attempted to offload star defender Madjid Bougherra during the January transfer window.

Rothen, who flopped at Ibrox after signing on loan from Paris St Germain on deadline day last summer, has also accused the debt-ridden club of forcing him out in order to save money.

The former France winger made eight appearances for Rangers, his last being October's 4-1 Champions League humiliation at the hands of Unirea Urziceni.

The 32-year-old told French magazine So Foot: "They wanted to save money. With the salary I had, they would save at least six months' worth if they moved me along.

"They also wanted Bougherra to leave, but he didn't accept. He said he wouldn't be leaving until June."

Rothen also hit out at Ibrox boss Walter Smith for freezing him out after the Unirea defeat.

"He dismissed me without saying anything," said Rothen, who is now playing for Ankaragucu in Turkey.

"I didn't open my mouth but I said to myself that it could not possibly be a sporting decision.

"Maybe the coach wanted me to rest for a while, but I started asking myself questions after three games."

Rothen knew his days were numbered when Smith started John Fleck ahead of him in November's return match against Unirea, despite Rangers suffering a raft of injuries at the time.

Rothen said: "He put a youth at 18 years old on the right. He put youths who hadn't even trained with us before on the bench along with me. I was the nanny."

Bitter Jerome?

id say yes he was bitter just because he wasnt good enough he decides to slate Walter....hes worse than a kid

Is Jerome aware of the under 21 rule?

With the whingeing he has done and the quality of his play,I think he was tailored made for ra Shellic.He was a total disaster and actually was a disgrace to call himself a Professional Footballer in any way shape or form IMO.

Who the hell is he kidding? The guy is a tit, well past his best and is probably at his level at some shit turkish outfit. What a fanny, i cant beleive he has come out with all that :anguish: :anguish: oh well, good riddance

Bitter bastard indeed. If he had actually showed a bit off application then perhps he may have got more of a chance. Fact was he was an imposter who has never produced the goods at the clubs he has been with and couldnt even hack it at Rangers. As if his comments are of any note to anyone. Still what else do you expect from the Dhaily Rhetard, the shittiest rhag on the planet which is going the same way as the political party it supports.

wtf Jerome?

How about..

"Walter decided to bench me because I was shite"

What a wanker.

Apr 10 2010

Bitter Jerome?

No Jerome they were saying " You are a FANNY"