How much heritage do you have with Rangers.?

sonOwilliam

139 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love where you come from

• Yes you love to be a British Rangers fan
    • No im a different one

I will be honest - the question itself makes me a little angry

The guy can't even spell heritage mate, don't get angry, just laugh at him. Why bother voting?

Know what you're saying mate , I voted as I feel the poll options are fair enough - the title of the thread though was suggestive of something completely different and that was what I took issue with.

I'm the first Rangers supporter in my family on both sides and certainly don't feel any less of a Bear for it.

Does this mean you have wore a cltic top before?

Either way you seen the light :pipe:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy can't even spell heritage mate, don't get angry, just laugh at him. Why bother voting?

Know what you're saying mate , I voted as I feel the poll options are fair enough - the title of the thread though was suggestive of something completely different and that was what I took issue with.

I'm the first Rangers supporter in my family on both sides and certainly don't feel any less of a Bear for it.

Does this mean you have wore a cltic top before?

Either way you seen the light :pipe:

I didn't notice that Williamson. :lol:

Of course , was never out of the hoops , played conkers with a rosary and potato and all that...

I'm only asking because I was bought Rangers tops when I was smaller and if you are the first in your whole family surely someone bought you a cltic top?

I love the whole Rangers heritage thing, I don;t necessarily share the same politics but I love what the club stands for. It is a bit confused but much as I want independence for my country, I love and respect what Rangers stand for, supporting the brave soldiers, etc. Observing minutes silence, Erskine hospital appeals, etc.

Brilliant it makes you proud.

Nor should you. I can go back through several generations of my family, both my mothers & fathers side (although being a teuchter,that could be the SAME side ;)), and although there are a plethora of Presbyterians, some Orangemen and another shitload of relations, most of them are, for some fucked up reason, selik fans. :pipe:

I'm the only Bluenose in an extended family of about 40 plus and I fuckin' love rubbing their noses in it and telling them they are a disgrace to their culture. Even the holy willies are selik fans, and staunch wee frees.......daft fuckers. Thats inbreeding for ye.

I'm neither a protestant, nationalist, unionist nor loyalist. I wasn't in the BB and I fucking hate Thatcher. On the surface, I have little in common with the average Rangers fan.

However, I do feel an irresistible pull toward The Rangers; I go when I can, I'd have walked down to Manchester, I'll sing the songs that some 'fans' seem to be ashamed of and I loathe the Vhermin.

I'm neither a protestant, nationalist, unionist nor loyalist. I wasn't in the BB and I fucking hate Thatcher. On the surface, I have little in common with the average Rangers fan.

However, I do feel an irresistible pull toward The Rangers; I go when I can, I'd have walked down to Manchester, I'll sing the songs that some 'fans' seem to be ashamed of and I loathe the Vhermin.

You hide it well though...

Hide what well?

:mutley:

Even the holy willies are selik fans, and staunch wee frees.......daft fuckers. Thats inbreeding for ye.

The Wee Free CFC, hard to believe that would have many members.

Indeed, but I can assure you there's a few.........armchair fans, but traitors nontheless.

Hide what well?

Thought that may shut your noise.

I'm Scottish, don't consider myself British. I'm not religious (I'm a Scientist so how could I be :sherlock: ). I vote SNP when I live in Scotland and no interest in the UK parties when I don't. My family has strong ties with the Highlands and my ancestors suffered, fought and died before, during and after the clearances. Do I want to be part of an English dominated UK government? I think fucking not.

Rangers was founded by Scots and Northern Irish first and foremost. Not Protestants. Not English. In Scotland. Call it a british club... call it a proddy club - it means nothing to me. AFAIAC - Rangers is a Scottish Institution (with extended routes to Northern Ireland, Ireland, Wales, England and beyond) of which I am immensely proud for to be part of. Like all things English, the colonisation used to come second nature to them, so it comes as no surprise that we still find some of them trying to cling to some historical claim to our great club.

It's old fashioned and tiresome. The world no longer belongs to england - but it takes a little getting used to for some.

Rangers has been a unionist club for many, many years. The Union Flag, the loving cup, GSTQ, the Chairman and manager joining the Save the Union campaign, the fans, the flags, the songs etc etc.

Some have different views, which is OK and it doesn't stop them being fans, but it doesn't take away from what our club is.

Rangers is

NEWS_1243178671_tifosi_rangers.jpg

the club IS what ALL OUR FANS say it is. Not what YOU say it is.

Arrogance has no place in this. Neither does ignorance.

I don't even know what this thread is about.

I don't even know what this thread is about.

Same.

Its all in code. If you were in the Royal Black Preceptory you'd understand. :wink:

Rangers has been a unionist club for many, many years. The Union Flag, the loving cup, GSTQ, the Chairman and manager joining the Save the Union campaign, the fans, the flags, the songs etc etc.

Some have different views, which is OK and it doesn't stop them being fans, but it doesn't take away from what our club is.

Rangers is

When you're done being pious, go look up "irony'.

Rangers is

When you're done being pious, go look up "irony'.

Fair point - I jumped the gun on that one. Been reading too many biased viewpoints tonight and got sick.

I love the whole Rangers heritage thing, I don;t necessarily share the same politics but I love what the club stands for. It is a bit confused but much as I want independence for my country, I love and respect what Rangers stand for, supporting the brave soldiers, etc. Observing minutes silence, Erskine hospital appeals, etc.

Brilliant it makes you proud.

I agree I want independence for my country, the UK should withdraw from the EU. :uk: