derek mcinnes

McInnes would be a better option that some of the pishy suggestions you see on here.

Infact I'd be pretty pleased if he ended up our gaffer somewhere down the line as I think he's got the makings of a really shrewd manager.

I agree, McInnes has all the makings down the line to become a very good manager.

McInnes would be a better option that some of the pishy suggestions you see on here.

Infact I'd be pretty pleased if he ended up our gaffer somewhere down the line as I think he's got the makings of a really shrewd manager.

I agree, McInnes has all the makings down the line to become a very good manager.

(tu)

People might talk about how "he's not Rangers Class" and all that jazz but everybody has to cut their teeth somewhere.

He's learning at a club where for the most part he has simply had to win games as the fans demanded a title challenge. Now most people will write that off saying "yeah it's only the first divison" but regardless of the level it was at I think good experience of a winning mentality is key to any man who wants to be a successful Rangers manager as it makes the transition that little bit easier.

He's also got the added bonus of knowing what the club is all about, which again makes the transition that little bit easier.

He's had them in three semi finals now and they were a ball hair away from the top six, which for a club who has just come up is pretty impressive.

I also think he's shown that he's smart in the transfer market too.

And before anybody asks, no, I'm not Derek McInnes and no, I'm not his agent either :shifty:

(tu)

People might talk about how "he's not Rangers Class" and all that jazz but everybody has to cut their teeth somewhere.

He's learning at a club where for the most part he has simply had to win games as the fans demanded a title challenge. Now most people will write that off saying "yeah it's only the first divison" but regardless of the level it was at I think good experience of a winning mentality is key to any man who wants to be a successful Rangers manager as it makes the transition that little bit easier.

He's also got the added bonus of knowing what the club is all about, which again makes the transition that little bit easier.

He's had them in three semi finals now and they were a ball hair away from the top six, which for a club who has just come up is pretty impressive.

I also think he's shown that he's smart in the transfer market too.

And before anybody asks, no, I'm not Derek McInnes and no, I'm not his agent either :shifty:

He picked the right club to get some experience with in St.Johnstone, and he carries himself very well, and has them set out in a good manner.

As you say...He has the bonus of knowing what the demands are with us, and getting the best out of his players. He does tick a lot of boxes.

You make a fair point DBBTB. I did say i wouldn't want him just now but i do feel he has good potential and i will watch with interest how he gets on in the next couple of seasons after what looks like an extremely successful one with St Johnstone this year.

You make a fair point DBBTB. I did say i wouldn't want him just now but i do feel he has good potential and i will watch with interest how he gets on in the next couple of seasons after what looks like an extremely successful one with St Johnstone this year.

I'm not sure if he would be ready yet either.

If he has another strong season with St Johnstone and gets another SPL job and does well then I think he should be considered further down the line.

However if he carries on doing well then a Championship team, possibly at Burnley when Laws inevitably gets sacked after a shocking start to Championship life, will come calling and he'll then put an eye on getting a Premiership job.

It's a catch 22 :(

I'm not sure if he would be ready yet either.

If he has another strong season with St Johnstone and gets another SPL job and does well then I think he should be considered further down the line.

However if he carries on doing well then a Championship team, possibly at Burnley when Laws inevitably gets sacked after a shocking start to Championship life, will come calling and he'll then put an eye on getting a Premiership job.

It's a catch 22 :(

can't argue with any of that. Whatever happens, i wish him all the success he deserves.

Burnley is a good shout by the way!

I'd gladly swap Ally McCoist for Derek McInness.

McInness has done a better job that Owen Coyle, and look how high Coyle is rated, by some, especially in England.

McInness has a great career in management ahead of him, he'll go places.

McInness has done a better job that Owen Coyle, and look how high Coyle is rated, by some, especially in England.

(tu)

Hopefully at Ibrox.

I actually think I'd rather have him than Billy Davies and he seems to be most peoples "pick" for the job

(tu)

Hopefully at Ibrox.

I actually think I'd rather have him than Billy Davies and he seems to be most peoples "pick" for the job

I was for Davies when Le Guen left, now I'm not too sure?

McInness will be in the Championship before too long. Was he not touted for the WBA job when Tony Mowbray left for celtc?

If so, his stock will have risen after another year in management - a year where he has done well with a team who were expected to go straight back down - next season is the season to judge McInnes IMO. A second year in the SPL (if he's still at McDiarmid Park!?).

McCoist has been a bit unlucky as he has landed the no 2 job without any previous, Davies has done it 3 times elsewhere and made a fist of it, McInness seems to be cut off the same cloth, i would like any manager of The Rangers to have proved himself elsewhere first to hone the managerial skills not required as a number 2.