Mitch Langerak

Langerak denied Dortmund switch

By Soccernet staff

April 14, 2010

Melbourne Victory have deceived goalkeeper Mitchell Langerak after denying him the chance to move to Borussia Dortmund, according to his agent.

Mark Schwarzer

GettyImages

Mitchell Langerak has been tipped to succeed Mark Schwarzer for Australia

Dortmund are reported to have made an offer in the region of €275,000 to €350,000 for Langerak, 21, but Victory rejected the bid.

The A-League side have said that they would be willing to consider an improved bid for Langerak but, according to the player's agent, they will not allow the Australia Under-20 international to move as yet.

''Mitch has done well for Victory and they have been good for him, but he is being punished now for believing them when they said they would look after him," agent John Grimaud said in The Age. "They told him they would not stand in his way if a good offer came in for him.

''How can they not regard the chance to move to Borussia Dortmund, one of the biggest clubs in Germany, as a good offer? He can learn his game at a much higher level and then be ready in his mid-20s, if not before, to become a top goalkeeper if he makes the progress we would expect.

''Victory are saying in the media that it is up to Dortmund to make an improved offer if they want him. That's what they are saying here. But when they replied to Dortmund's original offer, they said the player was not for sale and that they wanted to keep him for another year.''

Melbourne Victory football operations manager Gary Cole said on Tuesday: ''We recently received an offer for Mitchell Langerak from Borussia Dortmund, which has been formally rejected.

''At this point Melbourne Victory will make no further comment on the matter.''

Soccernet Article

Seems the big clubs are starting to sniff around him. Wouldn't mind us having a look if the bidding doesn't increase too much, could be a good prospect for the future. From what i've seen of the two i'd have him over Tuffey, even though I felt Tuffey played well against Dundee Utd in the cup for Thistle.

Langerak denied Dortmund switch

By Soccernet staff

April 14, 2010

Melbourne Victory have deceived goalkeeper Mitchell Langerak after denying him the chance to move to Borussia Dortmund, according to his agent.

Mark Schwarzer

GettyImages

Mitchell Langerak has been tipped to succeed Mark Schwarzer for Australia

Dortmund are reported to have made an offer in the region of €275,000 to €350,000 for Langerak, 21, but Victory rejected the bid.

The A-League side have said that they would be willing to consider an improved bid for Langerak but, according to the player's agent, they will not allow the Australia Under-20 international to move as yet.

''Mitch has done well for Victory and they have been good for him, but he is being punished now for believing them when they said they would look after him," agent John Grimaud said in The Age. "They told him they would not stand in his way if a good offer came in for him.

''How can they not regard the chance to move to Borussia Dortmund, one of the biggest clubs in Germany, as a good offer? He can learn his game at a much higher level and then be ready in his mid-20s, if not before, to become a top goalkeeper if he makes the progress we would expect.

''Victory are saying in the media that it is up to Dortmund to make an improved offer if they want him. That's what they are saying here. But when they replied to Dortmund's original offer, they said the player was not for sale and that they wanted to keep him for another year.''

Melbourne Victory football operations manager Gary Cole said on Tuesday: ''We recently received an offer for Mitchell Langerak from Borussia Dortmund, which has been formally rejected.

''At this point Melbourne Victory will make no further comment on the matter.''

Soccernet Article

Seems the big clubs are starting to sniff around him. Wouldn't mind us having a look if the bidding doesn't increase too much, could be a good prospect for the future. From what i've seen of the two i'd have him over Tuffey, even though I felt Tuffey played well against Dundee Utd in the cup for Thistle.

A RM member from Australia was bigging him up on here not that long ago, and suggested we should nip in.

Have to admit, don't know anything about him... But if a club like Dortmund are interested then he must be a decent goalie.

Edit found the post from Ozblue http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=147081&st=0&p=1057840542&hl=Mitch%20Langerak&fromsearch=1entry1057840542

Can't say I have ever seen him play, bar in highlight's. I remember someone in the Bears Den going on about him a few weeks ago when Johnny Tuffey's name was mentioned.

It also seem's talks are still ongoing.

I posted that thread about Mitch Langerak and I was fuming because we always let these guys get nicked by German and Dutch clubs for peanuts.

I once wrote a letter to Rangers informing them of a brilliant young Australian Goalkeeper who in my opinion was going to be one for the future but nothing came of it. That young kid happened to be a certain

Mark Schwartzer.

I also nominated another young left winger who has got the makings of a star by the name of Tommy Oar, but once again, Rangers let him slip and he has just signed a 5 year contract with FC Utrecht...sickening!

Here is the original post link for those who want to see young Mitch

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=147081

With respect mate Id be worried if the club were looking at players on the basis of fan recommendations.

Normally I'd agree with you but as it happens, I've been a Football Coach (manager to you ) for over 40 years,so I do know a little bit about talent, but I certainly get where you're coming from.