Heard some interesting stuff........

gordov

Boyd will go but, I dont agree with the people that are saying he should sign a contract just to get us money for him. Why should he if he didnt get the 20+ goals a season for us were would we be? So going by that he doesnt owe us anything (tu)

Its swings and roundabouts mate.

If we didn't give Boyd the opportunity to score those goals then he'd probably be kicking his heels at Cardiff or Aberdeen because they were the main clubs who were rumoured to be interested in signing him when he went into the last year of his contract at Killie.

Personally speaking, I think this agreement with Birmingham was agreed 18 months ago and if that's the case (we will never know if it is or not) and he does sign for them then Boyd has made a complete mug of the club he claims to love and the supporters who idolise him for his own gains and that's something I will never forgive.

If you look at it your way, its a fair point (tu)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Boyd has signed a precontract, as someone said above the papers would have gotten hold of it without a doubt. I don't doubt for a second he is going though.

I don't understand this website at times.

If the Daily Record had ran the story, people would have called it lies.

Now they aren't running with the story, people are saying it must not be true! tongue.gif

OK lets assume you are a journalist 10310.gif and you are 'decent' at your job, you watch one of the high profile players in the country like a hawk, you have your sources in the club, with his agent, his friends, fellow professionals etc. etc. all the sources that a 'decent' reporter will have. And one of them tells you Boyd has signed for someone. What do you do ? Not print it ?

Also I note there is a story in todays papers saying he is waiting to see what happpens, but in that thread you call him a liar (or something like I dont believe a word taht comes out of his, or any palyers mouth) OH dear! anguish.gif

You've no idea how the game works mate...as I said Hutton agreed terms with Spurs four months before he signed for the, did you read that in the papaer?

I don't think Boyd has signed a precontract, as someone said above the papers would have gotten hold of it without a doubt. I don't doubt for a second he is going though.

Now they aren't running with the story, people are saying it must not be true! tongue.gif

OK lets assume you are a journalist 10310.gif and you are 'decent' at your job, you watch one of the high profile players in the country like a hawk, you have your sources in the club, with his agent, his friends, fellow professionals etc. etc. all the sources that a 'decent' reporter will have. And one of them tells you Boyd has signed for someone. What do you do ? Not print it ?

Also I note there is a story in todays papers saying he is waiting to see what happpens, but in that thread you call him a liar (or something like I dont believe a word taht comes out of his, or any palyers mouth) OH dear! anguish.gif

You've no idea how the game works mate...as I said Hutton agreed terms with Spurs four months before he signed for the, did you read that in the papaer?

I am absolutely sure that Boyd and his agent know whats on offer, from numerous clubs, same as Hutton did, which is completely different from signing - perhaps you need to review how the 'game works. mate!'

I am absolutely sure that Boyd and his agent know whats on offer, from numerous clubs, same as Hutton did, which is completely different from signing - perhaps you need to review how the 'game works. mate!'

You honestly think Boyd never signed a formal offer January 2008? :)

Mcleish is after a poacher to replace Philips who will probably be retiring at the end of the season and needs someone who can last longer than 15 minutes on the pitch

Do those fifteen minutes require running?

If so, why sign Boyd then?

You absolutely reek of F*nian bastardboogie.png

You'd be wasting your time thinking I gave a fuck.

First game was pre-Souness. You?

It depends what they know.

I've 'heard' from a few good men that Boyd has signed, but you cannot print a back page lead (which it would be) until you know it 100%, Boyd could take the papers to the cleaners for that.

Perhaps he's let it slip to someone that he has the intention of signing for Birmingham, or that he's told a close friend he's signed and that's slipped out along the line. But in general, with a story this big, I don't think it would get printed on the strength of a rumour.

And I know a lot of things do, but a headline 'confirming' that Boyd is leaving would never get past an editor without confirmation.

It depends what they know.

I've 'heard' from a few good men that Boyd has signed, but you cannot print a back page lead (which it would be) until you know it 100%, Boyd could take the papers to the cleaners for that.

Perhaps he's let it slip to someone that he has the intention of signing for Birmingham, or that he's told a close friend he's signed and that's slipped out along the line. But in general, with a story this big, I don't think it would get printed on the strength of a rumour.

And I know a lot of things do, but a headline 'confirming' that Boyd is leaving would never get past an editor without confirmation.

but you cannot print a back page lead (which it would be) until you know it 100%, biggrin.gif x10

I may be wrong but have you not previously had a go at the papers for printing lies ?

If all this is true and Boyd has signed a contract with brum who can blame him for running down his contract?

Hes probably going to get a hefty signing on fee cos hes on a free transfer plus 20k+ a week.

I think he'll actually do reasonably well with brum, until that is the Mcliesh factor kicks in ie he gets sacked after 3 seasons, dont think hed last longer than 3, after getting them relegated!

TBH id rather we keep a hold of Davis and Bougherra.

Anyway good luck to Boyd if he goes, just shows how much this club actually means to the 'modern day' footballer.

Your right he has not turned up, it is very obvious that he is away to Birmingham. All he has to do if bang a few goals to win the title and a few against the beggars and he will leave as a hero.

Ultimately, his move to Birmingham will fall on its are in the longrun as he will not stand a chance in the premiership.

I'll thank him for his contribution and wish him well,but even if he does that he won't be leaving as a hero in my eyes.

He lost that right the moment he started taking the piss and disrespecting our fans in the way he has been over the past few months.

As I said, he should have the decency to tell the supporters who have idolised him and chanted his name for the past four years what he is doing.

They don't deserve to be treated with such contempt.

I said a few weeks back that I believed that Cuellar was labelled a judas for less, and I still stand by that.

I am and hopefully will continue to be a big supporter of Boyd... but I couldn't agree with you more if he does indeed go! I'm hoping his silence is just for loyalty to Walter and Rangers, if not, it means hes been taking the piss for a while.

It is his career, but we definitely don't deserve being taken a loan of.

Papa...are you suggesting papers don't print stories unless they are 100% sure of them..... :lol:

Nothing this big or damaging to a reputation, very rarely anyway.

I'm in no doubt that Boyd would and could sue papers for a ton of money if they printed a story saying that he HAS signed for Birmingham.

If the hutton thing is true why did it take him to near the end of january to sign for them ?

Becaues thats how long it took for the players agent to agree the pay off from Rangers for him to be 'pushed out the door'.. A million pound I believe it was they settled for.

The player had agreed terms with Spurs the pevious September. And we the fans were given the usual shoite from the player about how he never wanted to leave blah blah blah blah. Huttons agent had been hawking all around the EPL 6 months before he left.

Papa...are you suggesting papers don't print stories unless they are 100% sure of them..... :lol:

I'm in no doubt that Boyd would and could sue papers for a ton of money if they printed a story saying that he HAS signed for Birmingham.

Ita all a game Papa...many of these things are off the record as they say, what if say the Sun found out he had signed a deal...Boyd and his agent would do a deal for them to keep quiet in return for access to the player for story after story when he left. Liewell is the master of this game,look at the way he kept Lennons many indiscretions out the paper in return for leaked stories. Captain Bazza was another great at this...and used it well to get Brother Media work in return for leaks from the dressing room

Ita all a game Papa...many of these things are off the record as they say, what if say the Sun found out he had signed a deal...Boyd and his agent would do a deal for them to keep quiet in return for access to the player for story after story when he left. Liewell is the master of this game,look at the way he kept Lennons many indiscretions out the paper in return for leaked stories. Captain Bazza was another great at this...and used it well to get Brother Media work in return for leaks from the dressing room

My forthcoming Honours Degree (2:1) in journalism should mean I know the 'game' well :pipe:

Mcleish is after a poacher to replace Philips who will probably be retiring at the end of the season and needs someone who can last longer than 15 minutes on the pitch

As i was born in 86 so very hard for me to go off on my lonesome to games pre 90's. Anyway know loads of other teams fans whos first games were pre souness

If the hutton thing is true why did it take him to near the end of january to sign for them ?

Becaues thats how long it took for the players agent to agree the pay off from Rangers for him to be 'pushed out the door'.. A million pound I believe it was they settled for.

The player had agreed terms with Spurs the pevious September. And we the fans were given the usual shoite from the player about how he never wanted to leave blah blah blah blah. Huttons agent had been hawking all around the EPL 6 months before he left.

He would have needed permission from rangers to sign a pre contract at that stage so why would the fee not have been agreed ?

I know him and his agent wanted a move he wasn't pushed out the door but there was no pre contract with him and spurs.......stop making stuff up..... :sherlock:

A bit naive surely papa..."a club insider said" and then they print any old gossip as ifit's the truth....it's the tabloid way........

As i was born in 86 so very hard for me to go off on my lonesome to games pre 90's. Anyway know loads of other teams fans whos first games were pre souness

Maybe you shouldn't judge other people's commitment then.

My first Rangers game was pre-Souness if that clears it up for you. I think it was St.Mirren or Dundee or some pish. All I remember really is standing in the old West Enclosure, it being freezing cold, not very busy and absolutely boring as fuck. Simply put, both teams were pish. Went to a few more after that, then no more until Souness came as I recall. I might be wrong, but I think it was even pay at the gate. I don't even remember the result, but I think my biggest dissappointment of the day was realising that I couldn't afford a 'Makaroooon baaaaaaaaaar!' as I had to keep my bus-fare.

Have you seen Phillips play? Judging by what he does for his 15 minutes Boyd's only requirement will be to stand in or around the penalty box and if the ball comes to him shoot. Sounds like it's his perfect role.

I doubt Boyd would equal Philips' goal-rate down there. Philips is lazy now because he is getting on a bit, but I'm pretty sure he used to do a fair-bit when he was younger. Boyd has always been a lazy cunt.

looks like boyd is away, but my estimations have gone down in alex mcleish. he has done nothing but disrupt boyd with his constant chat of trying to sign him. the ginger cunt should know better being a past manager (sorry any gingers readers. if boyd has signed a pre contract, let us know and dont play him as he has lost his appetite, we'll win the league without him

looks like boyd is away, but my estimations have gone down in alex mcleish. he has done nothing but disrupt boyd with his constant chat of trying to sign him. the ginger cunt should know better being a past manager (sorry any gingers readers. if boyd has signed a pre contract, let us know and dont play him as he has lost his appetite, we'll win the league without him

McLeish agreed a £3.5M fee last January for the player with Rangers but Boyd said no. He now has the chance to get the same player for nothing. You cant blame him for maintaining interest. He was only answering questions asked about the situation. Other clubs have had to deal with our interest in their players (Boyd from Killie funnily enough) so we have to expect the same.