Lafferty Vs Novo

kingbarry

Right, is there much of a comparison here in terms of playing ability? We all love Novo, he gets the fans going and tries 100% no matter what the score.

Lafferty, he tries just as hard IMO, but i reckon hes just as good as Novo, while being a bit arrogant, Novo takes slightly more of his chances, or gets more chances than Lafferty does, yet Lafferty gets the nod?

If Boyd is being dropped, id prefer Novo given the nod over Lafferty.

Thoughts?

I think Novo tries harder (or looks to be trying more harder). But i suppose it makes a difference because the supporters love one but get on the back of another).

I would prefer novo out wide. But lafferty through the middle. Just because laffertys younger he has potential to be a good player. If he could learn how to head. He doesnt really get many chances. But Novo is a better finisher IMO

Lafferty, hes alot younger and has his whole career ahead of him, novo is 31 and has no skill what so ever.

That's not really true though is it? If Novo had no skill whatsoever he would have been found out years ago and wouldn't have achieved what he has with Rangers. A lot of people like to bump their gums about certain professional footballers being no better than the guys siting in the stands. This is of course complete and utter guff.

Novo tries harder than lafferty, I can remember when we beat hibs 4-1, even at the last minute when we were 4-1 up novo was chasing the ball down like a dog chasing a car. Novo every day of the week for me.

The question was who has more ability, not who can "chase the ball like a dog chasing a car" I love Novo's work rate and his passion but anyone can chase a ball, these days he just runs about like a headless chicken.

I understand all the things Novo has done for us and he is the closest we have to a legend, but in current from, forgetting the past neither players really have any ability, but Lafferty I feel has a tiny bit more in him, I see it in glimpses, as for Novo I don't see any skill anymore.

I have been saying this for too long on here but I really do think that Lafferty has the ability to make it. He passion is top notch and some of his moves *in non dangerous areas* and his ability to turn and go past a man, are great. He needs to bring that to the final third and more specifically in and around the box a lot more. If he does...he is hoping. Agreed he is an arrogant prick at times.