Replacement for Boyd

teddybear111

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky Lambert from Southampton, he's a goal machine, i doubt we could afford him now though. scores some amount of goals, imo could replace Boyd no problem, wish we'd risked £1m on him instead of some of the shite we've wasted money on, he went to them for £1m, will cost £2/3m now i think

Kevin Kyle, not fast but bangs in the goals

aye very good :anguish:

Austin from Swindon and Lambert from Southampton would both be realistic targets and would score for fun up here. I can see Hemmings and Campbell being promoted too.

And I really hope I'm wrong but i have a horrible feeling Smith is preparing Lafferty as Boyd's replacement.

i just mentioned Lambert, their manager has been linked to Celtic in the last few days i think, if he did i could see them signing him

Steven Fletcher

Couldnt affored a fee for him now i dont think. Not too sure on how much Martin Paterson would cost us, hes a no bad player i think. Dont know where he would fit into our set up but. because he is not a wide player haha

If Burnley drop from PL Fletcher is realistic target. He cost max 6 million. Transfer could be achieved with the assignment of some player (Velicka) and cash.

Martin Paterson is a good player but not the kind of player we need. We need someone who will reach 20-30 goals in season, Martin isn't a scorer.

Also,we can loan great Tosic from Manchester United.

Steven Fletcher

Couldnt affored a fee for him now i dont think. Not too sure on how much Martin Paterson would cost us, hes a no bad player i think. Dont know where he would fit into our set up but. because he is not a wide player haha

If Burnley drop from PL Fletcher is realistic target. He cost max 6 million. Transfer could be achieved with the assignment of some player (Velicka) and cash.

Martin Paterson is a good player but not the kind of player we need. We need someone who will reach 20-30 goals in season, Martin isn't a scorer.

Steven Fletcher

Mate, we dont have 6 thousand let alone million to spend! Velicka will be Boyds replacement IMO.

Steven Fletcher

This is real life mate, not Football Manager.

We need someone who has a good record of scoring goals, someone who could do the job boyd does but with more effort and obviously someone who would come fairly cheap

I don't think goodwillie is good enough for rangers to be honest,

Stokes would be a better signing and he is still only 21 so he can only improve if he moved to us, his goalscoring record in scotland is immense

16 goals in 18 for falkirk

20 goals in 36 for hibs

= 36 goals in 54 games playing in scotland + he's be getting better service at rangers so IMO he would be a great signing

Gary Hooper would be a great signing as well not sure how much he would be worth though scores a lot of goals for scunthorpe though and always plays well everytime i've seen him

Stokes will be a Celtic player next year IMO. I called it in January & I still think it'll happen.

Any new manager they get is going to want to sign players who will play for the shirt and Stokes will do that while offering them the goal threat that Samaras & Costa-Fortune don't.

It's a shame because he's a good player and probably the most capable like for like replacement we could hope for.

Totally agree, I can see Stokes at them, which is a real shame as he is a decent talent. Were they not linked with him during his Falkirk times? I think Sharp would do well, possibly up front with a Lafferty type player.

John Fleck should be given a shot upfront.

Goals will alway's come, I'd rather see a different striker brought in, a powerful, explosive striker, capable of holding the ball up, ruffling up defences, and scoring goals.

A different approach to our play next season, a proper winger, and Davis pulling the strings in the middle of the park. It's also time our midfielders started chipping in with the goals. Steven Whittaker is our 3rd top scorer this season.

John Fleck should be given a shot upfront.

Goals will alway's come, I'd rather see a different striker brought in, a powerful, explosive striker, capable of holding the ball up, ruffling up defences, and scoring goals.

A different approach to our play next season, a proper winger, and Davis pulling the strings in the middle of the park. It's also time our midfielders started chipping in with the goals. Steven Whittaker is our 3rd top scorer this season.

Hopefully we get some money!