Stevie Smith

iain88

Apologies if anyone has already pointed this out, but i noticed a strange statement on the official rangers website, as part of the article regarding Sasa Papac's suspension. The statement reads:

"Papac will now also miss the game against Celtic at Parkhead on May 4, which means Stevie Smith could play in the derby for the last time that night."

I know there has been talk in recent months of Stevie Smith moving on at the end of the season, but i didn't think anything had been confirmed? Personally, i would much prefer to see Smith at left back, giving us a bit of pace down that side and someone who can hit a decent free kick/corner! It would be unfortunate if he followed the likes of Burke/Adam etc down to the Championship in the Summer!

He confirmed on the official website a few weeks ago that he was leaving. :)

I remember reading an article where he stated that he was probably leaving in Summer due to a lack of first team action but it's unfortunate that it's been pretty much confirmed now!

Genuinely thought he was a strong choice for left back in the long run.

I know Papac is now regarded as a legend but i think he's consistently shaky and that his frequent ball watching has led to a large amount of the goals we've given away this season!

walter was talking about stevie smith at the turn of the year, saying despite his lack of games his attitude was brilliant but he could understand why he might move on. he's been unlucky as papac, until fairly recently, has i think been one of our most consistent players.

who wants to bet against stevie smith moving on, doing well and being scotlands first choice left back within 18 months?

I was really gutted when Steve Smith got the fist injury, which in away he`s never really recovered from in terms of run of games in the team.

He seemed to come in at left back and looked good to have that position sorted for us for years too come.

Good luck to him if he does move but I would rather he got started on Sunday and got till the end of the season to try and kickstart his Rangers career.

remember in the Paul Le Guen days Stevie Smith was like Alan Hutton for us when he was playing well. He was better than Hutton at the time and got injured at the very worst time possible.

Imagine Rangers with those 2 fullbacks playing their best. I also thought he would be the solution to out national team's problem area.

Apologies if anyone has already pointed this out, but i noticed a strange statement on the official rangers website, as part of the article regarding Sasa Papac's suspension. The statement reads:

"Papac will now also miss the game against Celtic at Parkhead on May 4, which means Stevie Smith could play in the derby for the last time that night."

I know there has been talk in recent months of Stevie Smith moving on at the end of the season, but i didn't think anything had been confirmed? Personally, i would much prefer to see Smith at left back, giving us a bit of pace down that side and someone who can hit a decent free kick/corner! It would be unfortunate if he followed the likes of Burke/Adam etc down to the Championship in the Summer!

Let me get this right now,you would much prefer Smith at left back rather than Sasa?What are you smoking man? :rolleyes:

Smith was a good wee player before he was injured. I'd rather him at left back next season

He was always a liability; no positional sense,let opposition cross at will, took ages to get back when he went forward.Some people liked him because he made last ditch tackles which he would not have needed to do if he had any defensive awareness.