Kenny Miller on awards, the spirit at the rangers and form

Boab

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

Kenny Miller has lifted the lid on the rucks and rows that have turned Rangers into the SPL's Fight Club.

The Ibrox hitman - who once clashed with Madjid Bougherra in a training ground bust-up - vented his fury at Kyle Lafferty at Tannadice in midweek.

The flashpoint came just moments before Allan McGregor raced off his line to confront Lee McCulloch in another team-mates' tussle.

It comes just five months after Lafferty was torn a new one by skipper Davie Weir after Gers crashed to defeat at Aberdeen.

It seems ranting Rangers are literally fighting their way to the flag.

Reflecting on his Tannadice tear up with Lafferty, Miller said: "It was no big deal. I moan a lot on the pitch anyway. I've taken over from Barry Ferguson in that sense.

"It wasn't directed at any one person. I don't mind criticism, if it comes your way you take it on the chin. I'm no different.

"It's part of my make-up and I think sometimes you have to have a go at people because it keeps them on their toes. Right through the team we have people who are willing to shout and argue.

"When I look back, I had Paul Ince at Wolves and he was the worst ever.

"You'd get the worst pass ever and it wouldn't stick and he'd blame you.

"It's a mental thing. If it was good, bad or indifferent he was always there shouting in your ear - but he was a winner.

"It kept me on my toes and that's what we're like at Rangers.

"I like a moan and the team really needs people like that.

"It spurs you on and it cuts out the mistakes because you don't want the goalie tearing off his line shouting at you.

"It's taken in the right way, it's not personal and it shows we just want to win.

"It's a man's game and you simply have to take it in the right way."

The point prised from Tannadice on Wednesday means Gers are now within touching distance of two in a row. If Celtic don't win today it could all be wrapped up if Gers beat Hearts tomorrow.

Miller added: "We have been struggling for the past couple of months when we've not been playing well.

"We played a lot better against Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago, but it was always going to be a tough game for us at Tannadice.

"We probably deserved to win the other night, we had the chances and I hit the post late on.

"It wasn't to be, though, and we have to look ahead to Hearts now.

"If we win against Hearts it's another step closer.

"The hardest thing in the world is getting over that line.

"It's always difficult to get the last few wins you need.

"It's not helped by the fact we haven't been playing all that well, but it's still in our own hands.

"Over the course of the last few months the only real blip was St Johnstone so we've been consistent.

"We know we're close and it's just a case of getting over that line."

Gers skipper Weir let rip in Friday's SunSport - blasting the critics who claim he's part of the worst Rangers team in 20 years.

Miller has backed his captain's comments.

He said: "I read what Davie had said and he's right.

"We've only lost twice in the league this season and at times we've played some great football.

"Around Christmas we were playing really well and the goals were flying in.

"You play this game to win titles and cups.

"It doesn't matter what era you're in, that's what being a Rangers player is all about.

"No one can take anything away from us because that's what we've done."

Miller - who has been outstanding this season - was gutted at missing out on a PFA Scotland nomination for Player of The Year.

He joked: "I should have been nominated!

"I'm delighted for the boys who have made the shortlist because they deserve it.

"The criticism of me was I didn't score enough goals, well I've got 19 so far this season and I hope there's more to come for me.

"I've been delighted with how things have gone.

"I haven't changed my style, but the ball has been dropping and the goals have been going in and I've managed to mainly stay clear of injury.

"Myself and Kris Boyd have worked well together, we've pitched in with 43 goals between us.

"That's what you want from your front two.

"Boydy is going through a wee spell, but he'll soon be back among the goals because that's what he does."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2936275/Fight-club.html#ixzz0lJBUbMOc

He should definately be ahead of Boyd for POTY imo.

Boyd even admitted hes surprised hes Nominated, he said his form at the start is what got him on that list. Miller should be on that list infront of him IMO.

I'd have Miller in my team before Boyd. Any day. Walter was right to bring him back. But of course, there are quite a few -- on here too -- that will never support Kenny.

I hope Kenny finishes his career a Rangers player. Class guy, great player.

That's what makes this world a weird and wonderful place...Everybody has a different opinion about what we see happening on the pitch.We all see the same game but you would never know it when you hear the comments after a game.

Oh Miller was brilliant today...Oh Miller was total shite today etc!

Although I would obviously say that Boyd is a far deadlier marksman than Miller,I still think that Miller has been far more influential as an all round striker for the team over the whole of the Season and should have been nominated instead of Kris.

As I said; Opinions are weird and wonderful at times.

That's what makes this world a weird and wonderful place...Everybody has a different opinion about what we see happening on the pitch.We all see the same game but you would never know it when you hear the comments after a game.

Oh Miller was brilliant today...Oh Miller was total shite today etc!

Although I would obviously say that Boyd is a far deadlier marksman than Miller,I still think that Miller has been far more influencial as an all round striker for the team over the whole of the Season and should have been nominated instead of Kris.

As I said; Opinions are weird and wonderful at times.

Correct OZ. That's the beauty not only of Football -- but life itself. We have 2 great strikers. Both different. IF we could merge them into one.. we probably have one of the greatest strikers the world has ever known. Well maybe not.. but ...

Everyone has their day. Everyone has their god given talent. We all see what we want to see sometimes... And... it makes life colourful.

The way it should be.

WATP. :21: