Kevin Thomson. Again.

papaguy51

I thought it was a game of two halves for Thomson today, as it was for most of the side.

First half I thought he was poor. Had a couple of great challenges, but generally looked lost without purpose, headless chicken with Lee winning more possession, having a couple of chances on goal and just generally his positioning offering more protection for the back 4.

Second half was totally different. Thomson was clearly told to push 10 yards higher up the park from the off, even when we had the ball. Early on he over cooked a couple of passes in behind their back line, but he was unlucky, and the positive intention was there. He really got into it second half, pushing higher up actually made him and Lee look like a well balanced partnership for once and his effort on goal was tremendous.

Very pleased with him second half. I've been a big fan of his over the years, but he simply hasn't done enough to cement his place this season. More performances like his second half showing today and he'll soon be back on track to be our future captain.

Would agree with this , thought first half all he did was chase the ball about the midfield , he had a few good tackles but was mostly out of position but in the 2nd half he played really well his passing was a joy and he seemed to patrol his position better and controlled the middle of the park with Mcculloch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a game of two halves for Thomson today, as it was for most of the side.

First half I thought he was poor. Had a couple of great challenges, but generally looked lost without purpose, headless chicken with Lee winning more possession, having a couple of chances on goal and just generally his positioning offering more protection for the back 4.

Second half was totally different. Thomson was clearly told to push 10 yards higher up the park from the off, even when we had the ball. Early on he over cooked a couple of passes in behind their back line, but he was unlucky, and the positive intention was there. He really got into it second half, pushing higher up actually made him and Lee look like a well balanced partnership for once and his effort on goal was tremendous.

Very pleased with him second half. I've been a big fan of his over the years, but he simply hasn't done enough to cement his place this season. More performances like his second half showing today and he'll soon be back on track to be our future captain.

Would agree with this , thought first half all he did was chase the ball about the midfield , he had a few good tackles but was mostly out of position but in the 2nd half he played really well his passing was a joy and he seemed to patrol his position better and controlled the middle of the park with Mcculloch

When you're doing the job of two men because your central midfield partner is hiding, it's no surprise that he was caught out of position once or twice.