Twenty's Plenty : Miller Delighted To Get To 20 Goal Mark

Stu1993

KENNY MILLER was a happy man after he bulleted home a penalty that took him over the 20-goal mark for the season and moved Rangers within touching distance of the title.

The striker stepped up to fire home from the spot just four minutes after his strike partner Kris Boyd had left the pitch.

That leaves Miller just four counters behind Boyd in the scoring stakes and means Rangers need just two points from their final four games to ensure back to back titles.

Miller said: "It's always said that you look for your strikers to get 20 goals a season so it's nice to get there.

"I've fallen short a fair few times so to get that total is great."

The Scotland man is often praised for his work rate and contribution to the team as an alternative to his goals

This season though he has married the two together and he has become a potent force as a result.

But he has some sympathy for Boyd who remains stuck on 99 SPL goals for the club after he was replaced by Steven Naismith just minutes before the spot kick was awarded.

Miller added: "That has happened a couple of times to him now, and if he's off I'm next in line to take them.

"To be fair there were a couple of guys trying to get the penalty, but I'm pleased to get the goal and get to twenty."

Miller though is more relieved with the team's result as they move a huge step closer to a 53rd league title.

In fact Rangers can be crowned champions before they kick another ball if Celtic fail to beat Dundee Utd next Sunday ahead of the Light Blues' trip to Easter Road.

That could be viewed as a little anti-climactic by some fans, but Miller will be delighted to clinch the title however it comes about.

And he had praise for this colleagues after they again dug deep to clinch what could prove to be a crucial three points.

He added: "I don't really mind how we win the league as long as we get there.

"To be fair we have dug in all season. It's maybe getting highlighted now because we're so close to the end of the season.

"We've had to do it on a few occasions before and we've shown we're capable of that so I don't think anything has changed at this stage."

0,,5~8743573,00.jpg0,,5~8743703,00.jpg

For Kenny Miller to get 20 goals this season is a real bonus for us considering he isn't what you would call an out and out striker in the manner of a Kris Boyd, Torres, or Drogba, by any stretch of the imagination.

I regard Miller as an old type inside-forward style of player who makes more goals than he scores and will work all day to get the ball up to the main striker, so he should be chuffed with his contribution in this campaign.Hopefully we will get a few more from him before the season end.

i realy hope eh can equal or beat Boyd this season. would make the season that bit sweeter, especially after last season when the taigs had that "oh my god use signed kenny" banner. to see him become top goal scorer in the league would shut them up.

It would be interesting to see Kenny Miller - Goals & Assists compared to Kris Boyd - Goals & Assists.

Regardless, I do not think there is anyway of changing the opinion of some of those who "hate" this very important Rangers player.