Atmosphere

minstral

Can anyone tell me what the problem is with the atmosphere at Ibrox. We were needing the points to help clinch the title and the place seemed so quiet, and before anyone says get to the game and support the team, i would love to. But due to family matters i cant go, but to see the place so quiet is unreal, and i am wondering is it because of the stewards and police, that people are scared to sing. Years ago as people know the place would be bouncing on a day like this and i would be interested to hear what all you members think is the problem.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what the problem is with the atmosphere at Ibrox. We were needing the points to help clinch the title and the place seemed so quiet, and before anyone says get to the game and support the team, i would love to. But due to family matters i cant go, but to see the place so quiet is unreal, and i am wondering is it because of the stewards and police, that people are scared to sing. Years ago as people know the place would be bouncing on a day like this and i would be interested to hear what all you members think is the problem.

The only atmosphere I encountered today was back at headquarters ''We were not, We were not abused, not by the nuns the priests or the catholics, We were not abused.'' Song for the phiggery by the way. ! ;):sherlock:

It is easier for people to moan than sing. I don't think the majority give a fuck anymore. They just go through the motions. Pint, game, leave early go home. It is a routine for a lot of people. When something out of the norm happens you get a reaction. But for the most part people just go to Ibrox and think we should be given the 3 points. And when the team struggles they moan.

The only atmosphere I encountered today was back at headquarters ''We were not, We were not abused, not by the nuns the priests or the catholics, We were not abused.'' Song for the phiggery by the way. ! ;):sherlock:

Blue that will go down well at the San Giro. :lol:

It was pish!

Like people are scared to even whisper, I felt embarrassed today if I'm being honest. While me and a couple of pals tried to make a wee bit of noise around us, this fat cunt kept telling us to sit down and shut the fuck up.

The only thing I don't get is that people that sit down and shut up every week bar moan are standing up and bouncing about when the t*rriers come to play.

Today was a massive game and it felt to me like it what is was against Gretna a few seasons ago.

It was pish!

Like people are scared to even whisper, I felt embarrassed today if I'm being honest. While me and a couple of pals tried to make a wee bit of noise around us, this fat cunt kept telling us to sit down and shut the fuck up.

The only thing I don't get is that people that sit down and shut up every week bar moan are standing up and bouncing about when the t*rriers come to play.

Today was a massive game and it felt to me like it what is was against Gretna a few seasons ago.

Thats bad mate when fellow bears are telling you to sit down and shut up, i just dont understand some of our support.

I canny afford to go every week, but me and the wee man try and get about 5 times a season and maybe a euro trip thrown in.

Now at half time today, members on here where moaning and sniping about this player and that player.

The truth is these people are never happy. we are 11 pts clear with 4 games left ffs, Ibrox should have been filled to the rafters the day with fans bouncing before, during and after the game. but all you get is moans and groans.

fuck knows what will happen this summer, fuck knows when we will get another league championship, but for fucks sake enjoy it while it lasts.

53 and counting. :beer1:

spot on mate what is the problem?u would think we had lost the league.

The football the first half wasn't much to cheer or sing about. I think that wee bit of nervousness was there in the ground today knowing that the Scum had closed the gap that little bit. When the title is guaranteed the fans can relax and open up a bit more i think.

I think it's most people aren't sure what they are allowed to sing anymore.

There would be alot of fear of being banned from the ground.

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doh

So you don't know either? :lol:

it is near impossible to start a song in Ibrox these days unless you are with the UB or TBO, everyone just looks at you like you are insane.

I dont even do the home games anymore. 2 reasons first being i play saturday afternoon football and the 2nd its fucking horrible. The team mean more to me than anything but when at a game i get rather worked up and overly excited at times. I went to the man city game and was pounding shay given for being a F*nian bastard and heard fans saying "thats un called for". Now i didnt realise we had made friends with these manky bastards so didnt think it was a crime. Also the champions leauge games the result aside ive never been to such a quiet set of european nights in all my days. The place is beautiful and when you walk up the stairs and see the pitch its a rather exciting experience.

It is an Ibrox minstral and the like would never believe. TBO and UB do there best but from 95-05 when i used to go to every home game we didnt need fan groups and the like. Today showed how much its changed a massive game, huge gaps and terrible atmosphere. The support as a WHOLE must do something about it. I have been to nearly all away games possible this season and fuck me does it make a difference. We(the fans) are excellent and the reaction at places like tynecastle and tannadice this season has been unreal.

I want the stadium to get back to its terrifying best but i dont think the support as a whole are capable of recapturing the old roar

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doath

I'm not sure what you're oh dearing at ?

There are no songs that are offically banned at Ibrox.

The atmopshere today was awful, and that is one of the reasons why I hate going to Ibrox these day's.

A massive game, and you have people strolling in late, sitting with their arms folded, not prepared to help create an atmosphere, who stare you down if you stand up and try to sing... yet they are more than happy to sit and slate the players, and their fellow supporters... that is what we are up against.

You even had people leaving on 75 minutes, why the fcuk do they bother? Give me an away game everytime!

We were not, We were not abused, not by the nuns the priests or the catholic church, We were not abused.'' Song for the phiggery by the way. ! ;):sherlock:

Tried to get it going today, but too many people would rather sit with their arms folded, yawning and calling the players useless etc. Absolutely belted it out on Wednesday on numerous occassions.

lol

What songs are banned?

Are you realy a Rangers fan or do you live in a bunker?

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doath

I'm aware of that but point out to me where I said anything was offically banned?

I said people don't know what they can and can't sing anymore, we get told all different things in terms of TBB etc..

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doath

Come on calum i think you know what he means, the famine songs dissapeared the billy boys, fuck they even complained about the bouncy, you know how it goes mate

to be honest i hate reading threads like these.

There is no doubt the Atmosphere in the ground is stopping alot of people going, this is the first year ive missed out on every home game in the past 2 seasons. And this seasons atmosphere hasnt realy made me jealous about missing out.

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doath

I'm aware of that but point out to me where I said anything was offically banned?

I said people don't know what they can and can't sing anymore, we get told all different things in terms of TBB etc..

Your right its not clear what we can and cannot sing, or mebe these groups should start singing The Billy Boys at the onetime to see because we defintely need that back. (tu)

lol

What songs are banned?

Oh dear doath

Come on calum i think you know what he means, the famine songs dissapeared the billy boys, fuck they even complained about the bouncy, you know how it goes mate

I've sang both at Ibrox plenty of times after they've been " banned " and i'm still kicking about.

If every bear was willing they wouldn't stand a chance, sadly there is only very very small percentage of the Ibrox support willing to do so.